O'min and Unique cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O'min and Unique cues

I bought an O'min Pefect and a Unique U5 last week and I am very impressed with the quality of both. The O'min is superior in look and finish to a friend's Parris Exclusive (he is actually very jealous) and the Unique is a great hitting cue (I had a 47 break the 3rd frame I used it). Both came with 9" telescopic extensions, (I added a 6" telescopic and a 29"), 2 great looking cases
    ...imitation alligator or crocodile, a box of 50 laminated tips by O'min (a tad softer than the Talisman Pro Soft and I'm still getting used to the red colour but a great feel) and everything with shipping (in less than 2 days) was under $500.00US and service was top-notch.

The website is www.uniquecues.com/e

Yes they are very good and worth every penny (or cent) - that's why we cuemakers in the UK have to up our standard and maintain it if we're going to compete with these two and master cues. It's tough out there and the cream will rise to the top. I've decided to limit my workload and orderbook in order that I can concentrate on each cue I make and not rush anything and subsequently drop quality. Better to make fewer and maintain a steady cashflow and quality, than be drawn but the allure of more and more money going into the bank account
    www.cuemaker.co.uk

Comment

Originally Posted by screwball View Post
      I bought an O'min Pefect and a Unique U5 last week and I am very impressed with the quality of both. The O'min is superior in look and finish to a friend's Parris Exclusive (he is actually very jealous) and the Unique is a great hitting cue (I had a 47 break the 3rd frame I used it). Both came with 9" telescopic extensions, (I added a 6" telescopic and a 29"), 2 great looking cases
      ...imitation alligator or crocodile, a box of 50 laminated tips by O'min (a tad softer than the Talisman Pro Soft and I'm still getting used to the red colour but a great feel) and everything with shipping (in less than 2 days) was under $500.00US and service was top-notch.

The website is www.uniquecues.com/e
      So, what are the diffences between the two?
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Just to revisit an old topic (instead of starting a new thread). I'm also currently looking at an Unique cue U5 model vs an O'min Classic. The prices are very competitive and it would be nice if screwball or other Unique cue owners could share some of their thoughts regarding the Unique cue. I know the O'mins come with an airlock (is this any better than the usual screw-thread?), what about the Unique cues?

Also, does anyone know if they can do customization? I'm a sucker for cocobola wood (yes it's a widespread affliction!) Never seen one of the Unique cues before so would like some further feedback before making the plunge. But I think for a mid-range cue (£100-£200 range) it does seem like good value for money.

Any feedback/comments would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
        KCT

Comment

On the subject of joints, well for the most part it doesnt matter which joint you get as long as its sturdy. But airlock joints go "phut" when you take them apart which can be very satifying "you may have won the game but does your cue do this... *phut*"
          Of course some joints are designed to specificlly be better, Mike wooldridge has a new half wood airlock joint he uses on his cues, but having never tried mikes "super joint"... i cant say how much difference it makes, (if your reading this Mike I'll have a free sample cue to try mike )
          I just got a custom Welsh Pool trading cue (www.welshpooltrading.co.uk), 4 tulip splices over ebony butt, and i couldnt recommend him enough. Cost £160 with a matching tulipwood mini butt.
          I've also heard good things from some people owning o'min cues.
          sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Ah ok I never knew that about airlock joints lol! Yes I've read stuff about both cues and they seem very closely matched and hence trying to decide which to go for. I'll check out Welsh Pool trading as well then thx for the suggestion

cheers

Comment

O'min cues are produced in Thailand, every month they can produce around 200 cues, some of which are really nice, but some of them is rubbish, the price should be 120 GBP if you buy in Thailand.

Unique cues, the brand is created by a guy from Hong Kong, but produced in Thailand, there are some manufactories in Thailand who can produce the cues for Omin and Unique. Same as O'min, some of Unique cues are nice to play, the price should be 90 GBP if you buy some from Unique as a dealer.

PS, the Peradon cues, so far as I know, are produced in Thailand, by the same factories who produced O'min and Unique cues, the cue case with the 3 brands above are made by a same leather factory in Thailand

Comment

i used to play with an omin cue a few years earlier,
                the cue was a fantastic player , i only changed it because the specs didnt suit me so much,i got the cue,aluminium case,6" and tele extensions for 200 gbp back in 2004 great deal.
                RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

Comment

Oh thx for the detailed info hendry, that's useful to know Hmm seems that people are quite happy with the quality of Omin cues. I'm kinda swayed towards the Omins now given the good feedback and airlock joints!

Thx for the feedback guys, appreciate it. It's certainly helped me understand a great deal more about both brands.

Comment

dave coutts is selling what looks like a very nice omin cue on ebay item no 330323638748 check it out.

Comment

Yea saw that cue on ebay, thanks for the heads up ste Not crazy about the design though (the missus agrees - gulp) so back to the drawing board! dee dum..

Comment

O´min Union

I´ve ordered from Unique cues and it´s a rock, one of the best cues in the market. Great finish, wood and hit.
                        You can buy from unique cues with confidence, fast shipping

Comment

Working...
                        X