Mike Wooldridge or Trevor White?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Wooldridge or Trevor White?

I want a plain ebony 1 piece cue with an AAA grade ash shaft. Basically I want this to be the last cue I ever have to buy, so money is no matter. I don't mind paying a bit extra for the maker to search a bit longer and find a truly PERFECT shaft. Is there any difference between these two men? Because I get the feeling that they are definetely the two preferred cue makers on this forum. Anything to choose between them?

Thanks guys.

I'd have to bet that there's almost nobody that can give you an unbiased answer to this question. If you do get someone that has had a cue from each, relatively recently, then you're still relying on that persons personal opinion and whether they made the right decisions about their cue spec etc.
    Alex Higgins "If I knew you were comin I'd have baked a cake, baked a cake, baked a cake"

Comment

I have had cues by both Mike and Trevor and the final turn out is without douth the best i've seen. My lastest cue came from Mikes classic range and is just class to play with, I,m also getting trevor to make me a new pool cue later this year.
      If you know what your lookin for (lenght, tip size , weight, and so on)anyone of them can deliver what you want.

Comment

if you have the extra to spend to cover their time both will build you a perfect cue
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

i own a 1 piece wooldridge classic 1 and i have a old 1 piece cue that trevor respliced re taipered basicly made me a new cue out of a old shaft he did a top job both make very nice cues i play with the old trevor 1 and i have put the wooldridge to 1 side for my son for when he gets older . which ever 1 you pick will make you a top cue though trevor is cheaper than mike.

Comment

Get a quote and go with the cheapest. Both are top notch and there really is nothing between them.
            sigpic <---New Website
            Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...2=Trevor+White

Comment

Although I have no doubt each of the two is capable of building you a great cue to your spec, the way their cues play might be a bit different (even if it was made to the same spec), there will be little variations--which cue maker's cue would suit your game better in terms of playability is what you should go with in my opinion.
                If money is no object, then order from both and see which one's you prefer.
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

lol. possibly the most unreliable way of making any decision...

i just changed my brand name to john smith:

The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by mikewooldridge View Post
                    lol. possibly the most unreliable way of making any decision...

i just changed my brand name to john smith:

Hey i just put the names into the machine, it was a fair fight

Anyway any update on the 1pc 57" cue i was looking for, i emailed last week about your sale cues?

Comment

Originally Posted by Theguywithaplan View Post
                      I want a plain ebony 1 piece cue with an AAA grade ash shaft. Basically I want this to be the last cue I ever have to buy, so money is no matter. I don't mind paying a bit extra for the maker to search a bit longer and find a truly PERFECT shaft. Is there any difference between these two men? Because I get the feeling that they are definetely the two preferred cue makers on this forum. Anything to choose between them?

Thanks guys.
                      There both class acts so why not buy one off the one who lives the closest to you :snooker: if there is any problems its easier to get sorted
                      Welsh Is Best

Comment

Originally Posted by Son of Cliff View Post
                        There both class acts so why not buy one off the one who lives the closest to you :snooker: if there is any problems its easier to get sorted
                        lol. class act. you've never seen me p***ed!....
                        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Theguywithaplan View Post

Thanks guys.

Trev's friendlier..

Comment

You wont go far wrong with either - I was in the same predicament your in now, both cue makers have excellent reputations but in the end I chose Trevor he only lives a couple of miles away and he was cheaper but both will do a fantastic job.

Comment

Working...
                            X