Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave White cues??

Hi,

Does anybody on here know if a cuemaker from Southport Dave White is still making cues?

I had a couple of cues made by him about 10-12 years ago and they were really good quality and excellent price.

I have tried to find a number for him and even drove upto the premises he worked from in Southport but sadly the shop is there no longer.
    Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

i asked this question a few months ago but sadly got no reply i visited is shop in formby southport about 10 years ago he made 1st class cues as good as any i have seen . but he told me that day he was in the process of retireing. and everybody i have asked as not heard of him since. try ringing craftsman cues they might now something.

Comment

My mate has a dave white cue and tells me that he retired a while ago, sorry

Comment

Hi,

Dave develpod an allergy to the hardwood dust (realy tough poo for a cue maker) so had to give the game up.

He sells bikes now!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Boy Wonder View Post
          Hi,

Dave develpod an allergy to the hardwood dust (realy tough poo for a cue maker) so had to give the game up.

He sells bikes now!!!
          where ????????

Comment

Originally Posted by joe2311 View Post
            where ????????
            He is still in Southport, it was about 4 years ago though that I was speaking to him though so I dont if he is still doing the bikes.

It was a shame he had to give up the cue business as he could produce a cue as good as anybody.

Comment

Originally Posted by Boy Wonder View Post
              Hi,

He sells bikes now!!!
              Yeh thats what i heard from my mate, wasn't sure if it was true though.

I've seen 2 of his cues and they were both really well made, like you say it's a real shame about the allergy thing

Comment

Does anyone know how to get hold of him? I'm from Formby and would like to talk to him about making cues.

Comment

Apperently he still lives around Southport, Liverpool road I think.

If you look him up in the phone book though his name is not Dave White, he was listed under his real name Rupert White.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for that Boy Wonder, the only Rupert I know in Southport sells phones but I don't know his surname.

Comment

Dave White Cue on e-Bay

In case you're interested, there's a D. White 3/4 cue just come up for sale on e-Bay.
                      Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Originally Posted by KeithinFrance View Post
                        In case you're interested, there's a D. White 3/4 cue just come up for sale on e-Bay.
                        can't find it - any link to ebay? Thanks
                        Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

Asi
                          ebay item no. 280280178874

Comment

Originally Posted by bmck View Post
                            Asi
                            ebay item no. 280280178874
                            I haven't got round to trying to find Mr White, but I might bid on this to add to my collection.

Comment

Working...
                            X