burwat cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burwat cue

i play with a burwat cue and the plate on the butt is very worn almost un readable does anyone know any engravers who could undertake this also abot 4mm up from the plate is a round disc used to read presented by burough and watts u now have to look at this under light to read it please help as cue is very precious to me was my grandfathers perfectly straight and plays well

There are a few cue makers who could do something for you (I think).
    Which part of the country do you live in?

Comment

i live just outside winchester in hampshire

Comment

This is a job which is not as straightforward as it might appear.

It would'nt be too easy to get the original name plate re-engraved, as to do that would mean getting the new engraving smack bang on top of the old. But, there is a way to get an alternative name plate for the cue. Glover cues can supply replica name badges at reasonable cost if I remember correctly, so you could perhaps try them.

Alternatively, there are companies I have used in the past for 'special' reproduction cues, who will copy practically any old name badge, and, will even slightly alter the lettering or text in style, spacing or size. I'd have to say though, this is not the cheapest process to choose, so Glover might be worth a call first.

The smaller disc badge should not be a problem to renew either, it just means making a new disc up and finding a good engraver to do it, which is not impossible.

Good luck with it.

Comment

Yeah Glover and Ions sprang to mind to me for the badges!
          Your not near though, I thought maybe you might pop in!
          I suppose it depends on how you feel about the badge.
          I suppose Keith Auld and Trevs1 yourself are the nearest makers not in that London.
          But I'm a bit vague on down south!!!

Comment

i have the same problem with my burwat cue dave could you let me now how you got no

Comment

tony ions would re do it for you - might be waiting a while though.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Hi Dave - Glovers would be the best bet - what was the result on the other cue I straightened for you - did you manage to find out anything about it ?
                www.cuemaker.co.uk

Comment

about £130 keith got to say burwat is playing excellant since you worked on it many thanks

Comment

I thought it would be worth more than that ! - perhaps by not having a plate on it, it's difficult to value - it's a nice old cue though and with the flared butt must be worth keeping - glad to hear the Burwat is playing well - hope you get the cue plate re-engraved ok
                    www.cuemaker.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X