Dunns Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunns cue

I just got a new Dunns cue the Ronnie model and i have to say the quality is very good. The grain is as good as i have seen on any Parris or Osborne or MW or TW. The only thing i would say is, they don't finish the cue off as good as these other guys but for me that was not a problem as i can do this myself( even Kevin Muncaster says my finish is better than his lol).
    They are great value for money and it hits the ball beautifully. Very stiff shaft but does not throw with side and it has plenty of feel.
    Over all i would have to say these are best value for money you can buy and i am very happy with mine.
    I have uploaded pictures of the cue.
    Last edited by The Doctor; 15 December 2010, 03:16 PM.
    "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
      I just got a new Dunns cue the Ronnie model and i have to say the quality is very good. The grain is as good as i have seen on any Parris or Osborne or MW or TW. The only thing i would say is, they don't finish the cue off as good as these other guys but for me that was not a problem as i can do this myself( even Kevin Muncaster says my finish is better than his lol).
      They are great value for money and it hits the ball beautifully. Very stiff shaft but does not throw with side and it has plenty of feel.
      Over all i would have to say these are best value for money you can buy and i am very happy with mine.
      I have uploaded pictures of the cue.
      what is the best way to finish a cue? (may be a stupid question lol)

Comment

Not easy to explain. It needs to be sanded down to a smooth finish then grain filled and oil finished then polished.
        "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
          Not easy to explain. It needs to be sanded down to a smooth finish then grain filled and oil finished then polished.
          thanks for letting me know. because i think im gonna get a dunns cue so im not sure whether all their cues need to be re finished

Comment

I bought a cue from them and while it is solid and the ash is stiff i found the ebony they used to be browner than im used to and very little attention to detail (splices not even height and squint etc..) and had thick varnish.

The cue was good enough to play with it just would not be my pride and joy.
            It also seemed to be shipped from china!

Comment

Originally Posted by dantuck_7 View Post
              I've ordered a cue from Dunns... just wondering if this seems an acceptable standard, is it me or does the top splice seem a bit odd?? ... .obviously there is more finsihing to do on it...

Also they have used Ebony instead of tulipwood....hmmmmm

What do you reckon Mike?
              That looks like the Hendry-spliced model they do, is it? And if so, how is it?
              http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=723644312

Feel free to add me on facebook

Comment

hmmm... im thinking about getting the dunns everest model cue with maple. does anyone have any further updates on how good the dunns cues are and if they are made well with good quality?

Comment

Have recently bought the Everest model with an ash shaft and have got to say the cue was fantastic value for the money, not to mention the the level of service from Vernon. Not only did he happily email me with replys he sent photos of cues he had in stock and allowed me to make the choice of shaft that I preferred. The only thing I will say is the level of finish on the cue but look around on here and there are plenty of threads on how to finish the cue yourself. All in all great value and in my uneducated opinion a cracking cue.
                  You never really learn to swear until you miss an easy shot halfway through a break.:snooker:

Comment

Prices V Quality

Prices V Quality,

Depends on the maker overheads I think, I know I'm cheaper as I don't employ and I work in my workshop from home, this cuts my overheads, BUT the quality of my cues is second to non.
                    "Wright Cues"
                    Cues made to your specification, giving you the confidence in your cue
                    http://www.wrightcues.co.uk
                    reg@wrightcues.co.uk

Comment

Dunns Cue

I have order a custom made cue from DUNN'S too,and to tell u the truth,I have replace the DUNNS badge wit a MIKE Woolridge badge then I bring it to my parlour and let a handful of top quality cue owners to test it...8-10 said this is a superb cue,but the 2 which owned a O'min cue and a Riley's Burwat (20 years old burwat) says the cue plays the same like theirs........The next day I replace back the badge wit the original DUNNS badge and started playing wit the cue and yes this cue is a good cue,is that the attention puts into this cue is much less then MW or JP or any famous cue out there.
                      As to my belief is ALL IN THE HEAD as I have proved to myself that is ok to owned a very detail and very good quality cues like MW or JP or others,cos of your love for the game and u wants to owned a good cue for a long time....but at the same time it is also ok to owned a not so good quality or not so famous cue,cos if u are good at it,even a house cue will do the job,which I have seen wit my eyes over 25 years of playing snooker........

JP or MW or some other cues have been around for some time now and their name speaks for themself and to the newer cuemaker its a little tough for them cos of all the older cuemaker around and they have to compete wit them,even they uses the highest of quality materials to produce cues,I doubt they can sell it as well as MW or JP or others......due to the facts that they are new and nobody heard of them..........and no proffesionals players uses them..........

If Im a very very well to do guy ,i will pay a few the top proffesionals to use cheaper cue,to help the newer cuemaker to be reconized...........so in the end
                      if u are not a proffesional snooker player,u dont need a top of the line cue to play snooker,BUT IF YOU CAN AFFORD ONE ...WHY NOT??????? ITS EVERY SNOOKER PLAYERS DREAM TO OWNED CUES LIKE THE PROFFESIONALS OWNED....

I have just ordered a JP ELITE cue from JP itself,,,but it took me 5 years of pocket change to buy this dream cue of mine,,,,,,,it bcos of JOHN PARRIS THE NAME AND MAJORITY PRO USES THEM.......My highest break to date is only 38 at the moment after been off playing snooker for the past 20 years,( but a avid snooker follower thru out my life till present)nobody to coach just my self and YOUTUBE watching pro snooker games..........I dont know I will achieve a much higher break wit the ELITE cue from JP down the road?????????????

WATCHOUT FOR CHINA TOO,,,,,,,,THEY CAN PRODUCE AND COPY TO THE EXACT OF ANY CUEMAKER CUE IN NO TIME IF THEY DESIRE...........

thank you all
                      Last edited by jorock63; 22 June 2010, 02:48 AM. Reason: FORGET LAST PHRASE

Comment

To me thats the real hand made cue,,,,,cos its made by hand and nothin is perfect on that cue...........if its played well for u should be a happy camper............enjoy it

Comment

Nice looking package here, brand new handspliced cue, mini butt & case for £85
                          http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Comment

I know Vernon is a very helpful individual,,,goodluck to him and hid DUNN"S cue ,,,,nice package there,,,,,,,,let us know how it feels.........Isthat a Honda cb400????thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by jorock63 View Post
                              .........Is that a Honda cb400????....
                              No, a little bit bigger - Kawasaki Z750S

Comment

I just place an order for a ELITE cue from JP,,,what do u think of that cue????cant wait for its arrival ( dont know when,they never tell me )

Comment

Working...
                                X