Dunns Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Nice looking package here, brand new handspliced cue, mini butt & case for £85
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    Cue and case both look fine but i am afraid the sellers bad feedback might put alot of people off from buying this item....
    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

you are right in a way,but u have to remember Ebay policy's,,,,a little probrlm they give u a negative feedback......but u have to understand that some probelms,occur from the shipping company hen the local post office people,,its way out of the seller reach unless the cue is badly made.....mine is as good in cosmetic and wood quality,,,for the price you are paying....give him a chance and deal wit him...Vernon is a very helpful individual,I have dealt wit him in the USA and soon in Malaysia..

Comment

Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
        Cue and case both look fine but i am afraid the sellers bad feedback might put alot of people off from buying this item....
        Bad feedback?
        I can see only one in the last year for a minor complaint and when asked to send the cue back for a refund, he did not do so, preferring to keep the cue and give negative feedback instead. Bad buyer more like!

Russ

Comment

there u go RUSS this is wat i mean..........bad buyer,,they think their money is the greatest of all.....never pause for a second to think where the probelms occurs.....give NEGATIVE feedback for no reason.......

Comment

Originally Posted by dantuck_7 View Post
            It looks extremely rough to me, the two splices you can see don't seem good at all... This is what it's meant to be like when finished....

A tad worried.. can any cue-makers on here advise...
            does anybody have a number for dunns cues, it is a matter if urgency,

thank you all.

Comment

I am also thinking of buying a new cue after my 21 year old JP cue passed away 4 months ago. On the butt of the Dunns cues are they real splicings or painted butts, hard to tell from photos as cue sellers do such a great job at painted butts these days.

Comment

[QUOTE On the butt of the Dunns cues are they real splicings or painted butts, hard to tell from photos as cue sellers do such a great job at painted butts these days.[/QUOTE]

It would be good to get an answer to this question....
                Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

The cues are hand made and are spliced, not painted.

Russ

Comment

Originally Posted by jorock63 View Post
                    I have order a custom made cue from DUNN'S too,and to tell u the truth,I have replace the DUNNS badge wit a MIKE Woolridge badge then I bring it to my parlour and let a handful of top quality cue owners to test it...8-10 said this is a superb cue,but the 2 which owned a O'min cue and a Riley's Burwat (20 years old burwat) says the cue plays the same like theirs........The next day I replace back the badge wit the original DUNNS badge and started playing wit the cue and yes this cue is a good cue,is that the attention puts into this cue is much less then MW or JP or any famous cue out there.
                    As to my belief is ALL IN THE HEAD as I have proved to myself that is ok to owned a very detail and very good quality cues like MW or JP or others,cos of your love for the game and u wants to owned a good cue for a long time....but at the same time it is also ok to owned a not so good quality or not so famous cue,cos if u are good at it,even a house cue will do the job,which I have seen wit my eyes over 25 years of playing snooker........

JP or MW or some other cues have been around for some time now and their name speaks for themself and to the newer cuemaker its a little tough for them cos of all the older cuemaker around and they have to compete wit them,even they uses the highest of quality materials to produce cues,I doubt they can sell it as well as MW or JP or others......due to the facts that they are new and nobody heard of them..........and no proffesionals players uses them..........

If Im a very very well to do guy ,i will pay a few the top proffesionals to use cheaper cue,to help the newer cuemaker to be reconized...........so in the end
                    if u are not a proffesional snooker player,u dont need a top of the line cue to play snooker,BUT IF YOU CAN AFFORD ONE ...WHY NOT??????? ITS EVERY SNOOKER PLAYERS DREAM TO OWNED CUES LIKE THE PROFFESIONALS OWNED....

I have just ordered a JP ELITE cue from JP itself,,,but it took me 5 years of pocket change to buy this dream cue of mine,,,,,,,it bcos of JOHN PARRIS THE NAME AND MAJORITY PRO USES THEM.......My highest break to date is only 38 at the moment after been off playing snooker for the past 20 years,( but a avid snooker follower thru out my life till present)nobody to coach just my self and YOUTUBE watching pro snooker games..........I dont know I will achieve a much higher break wit the ELITE cue from JP down the road?????????????

WATCHOUT FOR CHINA TOO,,,,,,,,THEY CAN PRODUCE AND COPY TO THE EXACT OF ANY CUEMAKER CUE IN NO TIME IF THEY DESIRE...........

thank you all
                    I am so puzzled...
                    How did you take out the old badge without damaging it and then put on a Mike Wooldridge badge and take it out again?
                    Are they the same size and thickness? You would need to make them flush with the cue each time, right?
                    Where did you get the Wooldridge badge?
                    Mike's splices are all even top and bottom. Are the splices on your Dunn even? It is rather easy to tell that I would think.
                    Mike's SD joint is also installed differently than a Dunn, I can even see the difference from the pictures!
                    I seriously doubt the finish on a Dunn is of the same quality as a Wooldridge...
                    I am so confused how anyone can possibly mistake a Dunn for a Wooldridge even with the fake badge?
                    Either you have a super top notch Dunn, in which case please show us pictures -- or the guys at your club have never seen a Wooldridge cue.
                    Last edited by poolqjunkie; 2 November 2010, 09:02 PM.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                    X