X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting from one-piece to 3/4

Hi,

I have a question:

Is it always possible to convert a 1-piece cue to 3/4 jointed cue? I am asking because the repairer told me that there is a risk of breaking the wood and destroy the whole cue, is it true?

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

i have had several cues converted over the years from 1 piece to 3/4 and never had a problem. If done by a craftsman it should not present a problem
    Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

Comment

A good cuemaker will never have any problem...

Comment

Unless there is some sort of issue with the cue, which would more than likely be apparent from the outside I imagine, I doubt this would ever be a problem for a decent cue maker.

Comment

Originally Posted by mchpddl1 View Post
          Hi,

I have a question:

Is it always possible to convert a 1-piece cue to 3/4 jointed cue? I am asking because the repairer told me that there is a risk of breaking the wood and destroy the whole cue, is it true?

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.
          who told you that?

Comment

someone from Manchester........not a maker, but a wood repairer, mate

Comment

Well he's right to an extent, the actual cutting it in half aint no problem it's the drilling of the ends to fit the brass that'd be needed to be done very carefully i imagine. Your average chippy may not want to do it unless he's done simlar quite a few times but an experienced cuemaker shouldn't have a problem.

Comment

Where is Watford?? He usually has something to say about butchering 1 pieces
                sigpic <---New Website
                Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

DONT DO IT!
                  its a crime, the cue is never the same after, the cue if done right will look good but more often then then not, it doesnt play or feel the same

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
                    DONT DO IT!
                    its a crime, the cue is never the same after, the cue if done right will look good but more often then then not, it doesnt play or feel the same
                    I turned a 1 piece into a 3/4 cue when i fell over the oche which was a piece of L section screwed to the floor once
                    sigpic <---New Website

Comment

Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
                      I turned a 1 piece into a 3/4 cue when i fell over the oche which was a piece of L section screwed to the floor once
                      oh dear, bet was funny tho

Comment

ive done the same too!!! i was gutted :snooker:
                        http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

Originally Posted by trigger666 View Post
                          ive done the same too!!! i was gutted :snooker:
                          I was really ****ed. Snapped about 15" from the top. Had to use a nasty 2 piece BCE cue for the rest of the season. Only won 1 game after that. I swear having the right cue for you is the biggest edge you may have whether it be a £10 cue or £1000, as long as you are happy and confident with it then you will play well.
                          sigpic <---New Website

Comment

Where is Watford?? He usually has something to say about butchering 1 pieces
                            Sorry for being late!

"If a cue was any good the bloke who made it wouldn't saw it in half!"
                            Quote Watford's Dad

Same principle will apply to sawing your current cue up. Only tears and pain lie down that route.

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford View Post
                              Sorry for being late!

"If a cue was any good the bloke who made it wouldn't saw it in half!"
                              Quote Watford's Dad

Same principle will apply to sawing your current cue up. Only tears and pain lie down that route.
                              Ah there you are

He is right. One pieces are made as a one piece, 3/4 cues are made shaft then butt. Please dont cut it up
                              sigpic <---New Website

Comment

Working...
                              X