No announcement yet.

Shaft Wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys,having used various cues with all types of shaft...

Steamed pear-Softer hit,great reaction on cue ball,better for pool though as the shaft doesnt feel stiff enough to get power on snooker table,currently own a JP Mannock and the shaft is pretty stiff and cue is straight,had 3 previously and also found one that was extremely whippy!
    Hickory-Had a dragon cue made of hickory shaft,very good solid hit,the grain is little strange,overall if u get a good bit of hickory its pretty smooth,and nice to use.
    Hornbeam-Always find them to be pretty whippy,hits similar to pear,just as smooth as pear tooo!

Comment

I'm just finishing a lacewood shaft 1pc cue.
      Lovely to play with.
      Has quite a firm hit.

Comment

Very unusual YDJ, are you a seller or just for hobby ??

Comment

Mainly a hobby.
          I've made a couple in lacewood, but its hard getting timber long enough for a 3/4 let alone a 1pc.
          I've got some pear but not tried it yet.

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerloopy32 View Post
            Hi guys,having used various cues with all types of shaft...

Steamed pear-Softer hit,great reaction on cue ball,better for pool though as the shaft doesnt feel stiff enough to get power on snooker table,currently own a JP Mannock and the shaft is pretty stiff and cue is straight,had 3 previously and also found one that was extremely whippy!
            Hickory-Had a dragon cue made of hickory shaft,very good solid hit,the grain is little strange,overall if u get a good bit of hickory its pretty smooth,and nice to use.
            Hornbeam-Always find them to be pretty whippy,hits similar to pear,just as smooth as pear tooo!
            Amazing, I've never had a whippy hornbeam cue.

Comment

Nice work there YDJ..

Anyone else using anything other than ash/maple?? share some pictures with us

Comment

Working...
              X