parris or not ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
    fair play....i went on a bit... but really just meant if i had £300 to spend i wouldn't rule out buying a Parris ( based on the ones i own which are very nice ) and judge it on its own merits when it came... i would hope you could still get a nice example for this price
    I would put it another way.

If I was going to send £300 off for a cue then judge the cue when it came I would no way get a Parris. They just aren't consistent and you'd be probably be waiting a very long time for it.

Now if I had said £300 Parris in front of me and it was a gooden I would spend the cash. I've said before buy a Parris if you like just don't buy unseen! IMO

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford View Post
      I would put it another way.

If I was going to send £300 off for a cue then judge the cue when it came I would no way get a Parris. They just aren't consistent and you'd be probably be waiting a very long time for it.

Now if I had said £300 Parris in front of me and it was a gooden I would spend the cash. I've said before buy a Parris if you like just don't buy unseen! IMO
      quite right always best to see it before you buy it if you can....but if your specific about your requirements when you order ( as i am ) giving every possible detail of whats important to you and your spending alot of cash you i have found you can usually get what you want.

Comment

i would say cue is right, but badge is not typical - however thread etc etc all look parris to me - yes he uses the same glue on the spices and veneers. just phone or e-mail john and he will tell you but i would bet its right.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I didn't want to buy the cue but as i suggested in a previous thread contact John Parris/Parris cues and they would tell you.....which is what i did as this was the only way to confirm one way or another.
          I can confirm the cue in the picture is actually 100% a genuine Limited Edition 7 this is as per John Parris, so as long as you receive the cue exactly as it is in the picture/listing you will have the real thing.

Comment

I'm quite positive that this cue is NOT a genuine Parris. For example, both badges on my Parris are placed lower and have different fonts, and the 6" ebony extension has a longer joint. Furthermore, the checker inlay looks quite sloppy compared to mine. (My two Parris are both newer -- the last one I got just a couple of weeks ago: http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~peer/pool-cues.html )

If someone still insists that this piece is a real Parris, I guess I can always dig up my SLR and shoot some close-up pictures of mine so you'll see the difference, (although uploading pix is always a bit of an effort for me).

In any case, I've also spoken with John about this very issue -- and he is not very happy having all those forged Parris cues flooding the market. I even sent him photos of a couple of cues that I suspected being replicas... which he confirmed were indeed so.

-- peer

Comment

I'm afraid you are wrong peer. As noted by CueAntW147 John has been spoken to in respect of this cue and he has confirmed this is 100% genuine. I have now traced the ORIGINAL receipt in respect of the purchase. The cue was originally made by Parris with a round butt and window disc-I had the flat chamfer put on and disc replaced by Parris on 30 June 2008. There fonts are not always the same and can differ!!

Comment

Working...
              X