Recomended tip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by bongo View Post
    It is even more difficult as you get smaller and smaller...
    How do you get smaller and smaller?
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by bongo View Post
      When I play a power shot sometimes the cue isn't as solid as I want and it can go off line easier, I think vibration is the right word to describe it, it doesn't actually vibrate but similar to that.
      I think I see what you meant. It feels like the cue fails to grab the cue ball, right? I feel that way when my timing is off.
      I now play with a 9mm, and it took me a while to get use to. But my shaft is quite stiff, and I love it.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
        i use a 7mm tip which is great for uk 8 ball as the balls are lot smaller and power shots are not as frequent
        over the last couple of months ive concentrated on snooker and my tip is 9.8mm and its taken me some time to get used to it as its a big jump from 7 to 9.8mm.
        also i tend to use alot of side in pool which is easy as ive always had my own table (live in hotel) but with snooker its a total different kettle of fish ,unless its nessesary i will only strike the centre
        ive tried to play with my pool cue but its alright on the close shots but as soon as you need a little power ,the white "snakes" all over the place with little or no control
        http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

Yeah, the problems with playing power shots with a tip smaller than 9-9.5mm are:

1. the pressure exerted on the skinny bit of wood under the ferrule. Obviously with a larger tip the pressure has more distribution but with a smaller tip you can damage the wood even with the ferrule holding it in. The tip is, after all, glued to the wood...

2. it is *so* easy to add unwanted spin that the positional side of the game turns into a nightmare, plus, of course, a smaller tip means more exaggerated spin which again compounds the problem.
          A bigger tip lets you get away with sloppy cueing during power shots.

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
            Hi poolqjunkie, I mean as you get a smaller and smaller tip, of course not for the same cue, but if you buy cues and go smaller than 9mm tip. This is for snooker though, for UK pool, 8mm is fine.

Comment

Working...
            X