horace lindrum champion cue is it worth anything ??? plus an unamed cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• horace lindrum champion cue is it worth anything ??? plus an unamed cue

i have been given a bunch of cues from my local club , that have been left by long since departed members, most were broken or very short , but this horace lindrum champion cue was among them ,,it is a stiff maple shaft,machine spliced into an ebony butt with what looks like maple and rosewood splices it is 58 inch long,11mm tip and stamped 18a and is straight the badge is in good condition it has a round disc above with E.A.CLARE&SON ST ANNE ST LIVERPOOL in good condition also,,,the cue is in very good condition from what i can see the splices are still good with no lifting,,,,,,,,one of the other cues in the bunch is an unnamed cue ,poker stiff maple shaft machine spliced into what looks like strippy ebony butt (could be rosewood see pics) it is 58 1/4 long 12mm tip no ferrule stamped 15 1/2 oz and dead straight there is some filler lifting in the splices but apart from that is in good nick ,,but the thing with this cue is it is signed by joe davis which reads joe davis 1942 you can just about in the pics i have no way of veryfying this but it might be worth something to someone ,,,,,,,,anybody tell me if they are worth anything

Nice freebie. Fifty quids worth or so for the Lindrum if this is anything to go by: ebay # 260268310619

Notice a couple that have been sold on ebay recently, one with an additional badge like yours but what it went for i dont remember now and it's too long ago to show in a completed search on ebay.

Some 25 years ago the conservative club i was a member of closed down as basically no one went in there anymore. The average age of the members was in the high 60's and there wasnt 30 of us. I went in with my uncle and his mate and played every friday on the table upstairs. Even left me fags on the table one night and they were in the same place the following week which just showed how quiet it was On 3 walls there were racks of old cues in their tin cases all padlocked and a daisy chain though each rack. No one had a clue where the keys to the padlock chains were let alone the cases. Bet there was 60 cues in the room altogether and everyone of them belonged to a deceased member.
    I know the building went for 16k as I was expecting a share till some old bugger found in the rules only members over 25 or something were entitled to one and I ended up with nowt. Gawd only knows what happened to the cues though. Wish now I had took a hacksaw with me.
    Last edited by Wity; 5 August 2008, 11:11 PM.

Comment

i think the second badge (the E.A.CLARE ) was probably added when the cue had some work done by them which was the norm i think back in them days , i am sure someone on here will confirm this,,,, thanks wity i will stick it on ebay and see what it makes

Comment

on ebay now ,,,,,,,, it might bring me some beer tokens !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The Horace Lindrum cue looks nice it will probably fetch minimum £60 i would think, if it was listed in Austrailia it would get £100 plus easy so if you list it on ebay and are willing to send to Austrailia it will fetch more money as there very collectable cues there, i've sent one before using parcel2go.com using fedex gets there in about 5 days and it costs around £35 they collect it from the door so long as buyer pays postage not to much hassle really.
          Just for info really to help you get the best price for it.

Comment

cheers ant, i might do that

Comment

no probs mate...i had the same problem with a horace lindrum cue the same as yours and had never shipped outside the uk before highest uk bid was £60 but when i opened up to austrailia it made £90 plus the shipping which the buyer paid no problem.
              The paperwork wasn't as bad as i thought either.

good luck with it anyway mate.....

Comment

Originally Posted by snooker warrior View Post
                on ebay now ,,,,,,,, it might bring me some beer tokens !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Why are you selling it? It looks a beautiful cue.

Comment

hi bongo, i have no use for the cue its to light and to short (for me)to play with and i would rather somebody get use of it instead of being left to rot
                  Last edited by snooker warrior; 8 August 2008, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by snooker warrior View Post
                    hi bongo, i have no use for the cue its to light and to short to play with and i would rather somebody get use of it instead of being left to rot
                    That's fair!

Comment

£50-£80 - the seconf badge will have been the retailer.
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

cheers ADR , i wondered why the second badge was there

Comment

Working...
                        X