X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote:
    Originally Posted by keith auld
    as some cretin has said on here, that 'he wouldn't let me sharpen his pencil'

maybe the 'cretin', as you call him, has seen your pencils...

I am that so called cretin and I have seen Aulds cues, thats why I would rather he did'nt sharpen my pencil.
    Welsh Is Best

Comment

Thanks Mike for all the publicity - don't worry though, all those cues of yours that keep coming into my workshop for me to repair, put right or alter, I'll continue to do for the long suffering snooker public
      www.cuemaker.co.uk

Comment

Hi Keith im the one who has sent you the cue. And that would be Mr Leslie .
        I will let everyone know how i get on with the cue after the alterations but im sure it will be fine i have spoken to some people who have had cues altered by Keith and have been very happy.

Comment

Originally Posted by keith auld View Post
          Thanks Mike for all the publicity - don't worry though, all those cues of yours that keep coming into my workshop for me to repair, put right or alter, I'll continue to do for the long suffering snooker public
          yawn, stretch, yawn again....

no problem mate. guess you owe me a few drinks for giving you so much work eh?

and thank god you came on the scene to rescue the 'long suffering public'.

i really don't know how they have managed all this time, what with all the terrible 'conmen' cuemakers out there, incapable of making cues like you....

btw, are you planning to encourage anyone else to review one of your cues?
          The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Is it just me, or is anybody else actually getting a little tired of being part of a forum/community where the top makers of cues are involved in a public slanging match for no other reason than to be the one who has the last word?

Why can't it be accepted that not everybody shares the same viewpoint on everything?

What is it that is trying to be achieved here because I for one thought it was to review a cue made by Keith, not to read the latest throwback between forum members who wish to try and publicly humiliate each other!

What bothers me more is that any moderators actually allow this to continue on a public forum which can be read by virtually anybody on the planet with a computer and internet connection.

In my opinion, all threads like this do is bring the cuemakers reputations into disrepute, along with the game itself, and show them up to be people who can't take criticism. Worse of all, they may even stop potential customers from ordering cues.

Not everybody has to get on with everybody else, but show some respect and professional camaraderie to each other.

Comment

Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
              What bothers me more is that any moderators actually allow this to continue on a public forum which can be read by virtually anybody on the planet with a computer and internet connection.
              It's not our job to protect reputations. As long as the arguments remain professional rather than personal and stay contained within a couple of threads I see no need for moderator involvement.

Comment

Originally Posted by Robert602 View Post
                It's not our job to protect reputations. As long as the arguments remain professional rather than personal and stay contained within a couple of threads I see no need for moderator involvement.
                Thats a fair response!!!
                Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

It is a fair response indeed I agree. It is up to an individual what they say and thus their own fault if their reputations suffer because of it.

Comment

rite lets bloody well put an end to this **** once and for all shall we??? Keith i do not regard you as being a top class cuemaker, you are not and never have been in the same class as Trevor, Mike or John Parris. Neither were you in the same class as John Parris or Will Hunt in the bloody 80's...I have just gone through my 1986-87 versions of snooker scene and there is no bloody mention of you in there, so there is no bloody evidence of you ever being even mentioned in the same breath as Will Hunt so you you will never be as famous as Will by default or otherwise

I wish you no ill health and wish you well in your continued battle towards good health I really do, and would not wish on my worst enemy the health problems you have had over the last 12 months or so which you allude to. And concratualte you on the battles you allude to with regards to with regardds to bringing up your kids, I too am in a simular situation and have been over the last 12 years but for christ sake please please accept you are not the only person on gods earth that is capaple of maiking a decent cue..This really has to stop/.............By slatting Trevor and Mike you will only damage your own reputation,,,,,,,Please please be quiet!!!!!

Sorry if I was the one to instigate this whole shirade but get a life now please!!!!!!

++++I will be reviewing a Dave Coutts cue very soon so that will make A DECENT CHAGE FROM THE NORM!!!!!!!!
                    Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

Comment

Originally Posted by Robert602 View Post
                      well said
                      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by archalf1471 View Post
                        rite lets bloody well put an end to this **** once and for all shall we??? Keith i do not regard you as being a top class cuemaker, you are not and never have been in the same class as Trevor, Mike or John Parris. Neither were you in the same class as John Parris or Will Hunt in the bloody 80's...I have just gone through my 1986-87 versions of snooker scene and there is no bloody mention of you in there, so there is no bloody evidence of you ever being even mentioned in the same breath as Will Hunt so you you will never be as famous as Will by default or otherwise

I wish you no ill health and wish you well in your continued battle towards good health I really do, and would not wish on my worst enemy the health problems you have had over the last 12 months or so which you allude to. And concratualte you on the battles you allude to with regards to with regardds to bringing up your kids, I too am in a simular situation and have been over the last 12 years but for christ sake please please accept you are not the only person on gods earth that is capaple of maiking a decent cue..This really has to stop/.............By slatting Trevor and Mike you will only damage your own reputation,,,,,,,Please please be quiet!!!!!

Sorry if I was the one to instigate this whole shirade but get a life now please!!!!!!

++++I will be reviewing a Dave Coutts cue very soon so that will make A DECENT CHAGE FROM THE NORM!!!!!!!!
                        lmao. i knew someone would buckle under the strain....
                        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Paulie View Post

Not everybody has to get on with everybody else, but show some respect and professional camaraderie to each other.
                          i think that's the point of all of this....
                          The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by archalf1471 View Post
                            dave makes a good cue. a very good cue. and he's a lovely bloke to boot!
                            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

WHY DOES IT NEED MY TEAM TO LOOSE TO A BLOODY DANISH TEAM SPONCERED BY BLOODY " SPAR" it could as well been some team sponsered by " happy bloody shopper" to get to the bottom of this crap!!!!!

Comment

good to see you on here so late Mike,at least we have a great cuemaker on here to take all on board...Still got Bellamy in my dream team....

Comment

Working...
                                X