Future Collectable Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Collectable Cues

Ok here is a question. What cues currently made would become collectable in the future?
    sigpic <---New Website
    Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

the obvious choice would be limited editions ??

apart from that i havent a clue !!
    http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

Any well built Parris.

Any with the name Hunt on it. Different class.

Comment

One thing I cant understand about John Parris cues and other well known makers of hand made cues is If they are so good, why are there so many for sale on ebay???

Comment

because there are hundreds of new players out there that think that if they buy a top range cue say white,parris or wooldridge they will suddenly turn into a century break player and when they dont they flog them on ebay or you could blame d dale or mike russel i hear they go thru at least 100 a year.and alot of people buy before they try and when they get the cue they dont like it and again flog it on ebay.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonashford View Post
            One thing I cant understand about John Parris cues and other well known makers of hand made cues is If they are so good, why are there so many for sale on ebay???
            Same reason there are private jets, yachts, Ferrari's....quality items also get sold
            sigpic <---New Website
            Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
              Ok here is a question. What cues currently made would become collectable in the future?
              any cues by todays top makers. trevor white, mike wooldridge, dave coutts, and so on goes the list.:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by joe2311 View Post
                because there are hundreds of new players out there that think that if they buy a top range cue say white,parris or wooldridge they will suddenly turn into a century break player and when they dont they flog them on ebay or you could blame d dale or mike russel i hear they go thru at least 100 a year.and alot of people buy before they try and when they get the cue they dont like it and again flog it on ebay.

My thoughts exactly,,, was hoping someone would say the same

Comment

I think a cue truly becomes a rare, limited collector's item, is if the cue maker's famous, and has passed away (not trying to curse any cue makers here ). Best example are the Balabushka cues for 9-Ball, it's ridiculously expensive and hard to find these days.

Comment

Originally Posted by joe2311 View Post
                    Thats what i felt when i first bought an expensive cue,a parris ambassador....
                    I thought it would greatly improve my game and i couldn't undertstand why that didn't happen...

Comment

lmao - a cue does not make you play better but you can play better with a different cue! - as for dominic and mike, its a thrill to open a new cue and try it out, i know at least 20 people with this nasty illness, myself included!
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

[QUOTE=spartacus_ck;323850]I think a cue truly becomes a rare, limited collector's item, is if the cue maker's famous, and has passed away QUOTE]

lol! i'm quite happy for mine not to become collectors items for a long time to come yet...
                        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by mikewooldridge View Post
                          lol! i'm quite happy for mine not to become collectors items for a long time to come yet...
                          ...I'm still saving up to have you make a cue for me Mike, so don't u die on me!

Comment

or if you must can you wait until i owe you a couple of grand!
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                            X