Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cue repair in the north west

Hi,

My practice partners cue is "screwed" up by the ferrule. It looks like it might snap off if he plays a hard shot. He has been playing with the cue for about 15 years so is understandably reluctant to get a new cue. The cue is already a bit short from the last time he had the ferrule replaced so he would like to get the butt extended aswell.

How would this affect the way the cue plays? Presumably its going to affect the balance and taper. Also does anyone have any thoughts to wether it's worth the bother, or should he accept defeat and get a new cue. Also, who's the top name for cue repiars in the nothrwest?

Thanks in advance

Kev Muncaster, North West cues. He made John Higgins' current cue and does repairs for lots of pros like McCullock. He is in Freckleton in between Preston and Blackpool. I was going to go up to him last week and didn't. I have his number at home I'll give it you if you PM me but to be honest you can find it fro Yell.com
    Craftsman in Leeds are another option while not North west it's easy to get there from Manc side.

Comment

Thanks for the information mate. I'll give him a ring. A lot of people seem to be talking about trevor white cues here. How long is the waiting list for one?

Comment

Depends what he's got on.
        Usually 3 months I think. My mate ordered one last week and I think he was told 3 months. I can't remember how long mine took.
        Trevor is a good chap though.
        My cue needs a bit of work really, not the cues fault my mate scuffed it when re-tipping it and I've made the finish worse trying to put it right.
        I am still thinking weather to send it back to Trevor or take it to Kev. I have sent the cue in the post to Trevor before to have more weight added and the dread and time it takes in the post is a bit much for me.

Comment

Bob Akers in leeds is great cue doctor
          Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Burwat Champ View Post
            Bob Akers in leeds is great cue doctor
            If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The Ackers Team,

Is he not retired?

Comment

Working...
            X