Possible Butt Splices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Butt Splices

Rather than have the standard single or double splices, is it possible to have one set offset like this? (Red splices).

Also is it possible to get 5 splices?
    Last edited by totlxtc; 4 September 2008, 09:57 AM.
    sigpic <---New Website
    Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Man...that is one complicated looking cue, guess it won't be cheap to get it made either.

Comment

Its something im working on for the design of my cue. If its possible then great, if not ill bin the idea. I have been hunting for wood too so the design alone is not just the complicated bit. Ignore the colours, they are there just to show the splice pattern
      sigpic <---New Website

Comment

lol - u put my m s paint skills to shame!

cue look smart though! - i don't see any reason why it can't be done.
        http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

totlxtc have a look at stamford cues they have a pic of a cue in there cue gallery 3rd from the left alot like the 1 you have drawn

Comment

Thank you Joe, just had a look. Bit more splicing than id like but now i can see its possible, thanks
            sigpic <---New Website

Comment

An experienced cue seller once told me having too many splicing throws the balance of the cue out, wonder it that's true? Any cue makers here willing to justify that?

Comment

Originally Posted by spartacus_ck View Post
                An experienced cue seller once told me having too many splicing throws the balance of the cue out, wonder it that's true? Any cue makers here willing to justify that?
                sounds like bullsh*t to me...
                The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Ah the reasoned voice of Mike tell it how it is mate.

Why not just say your talking bollocks mate.

Back to the cue that I've see stuff like that on the web before.
                  Might just be Stamford, maybe Coutts, Mastercraft too.

Comment

splices are just for decoration but there is no reason why you can't off set like that - other than the fact it will look a dogs dinner and cost an arm and a leg.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

oh yeah, i forgot, of course you can do splices like that. i used to do a cue like that and called it 'cross' splice. in my own mind.

5 splices? you've got too much time on your hands TOTLXTC. thought you were busy with kids...
                      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

If Trevor can do that, I think all can be done... but by Trevor... lol
                        See mine...(drawn by me, a little french who go tomorrow to Home Internationals)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by mikewooldridge View Post
                          sounds like bullsh*t to me...
                          Thanks for clearing that up for me Mike, always found that statement to be a bit of bullocks myself.

Comment

Working...
                          X