Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does cue "loose" it's power after years of use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does cue "loose" it's power after years of use?

I have a feeling that my O'min cue needs more power to perform the same shot.

It's the problem with the shaft or the tip?

Any input is welcome.

Ted

I had a John Parris Ultimate cue serviced and one thing I noticed when I got it back was that the weight of the cue had gone up from 18.8 oz to 19oz.

I think this was mainly due to the fact that the cue was refinished and more oil had been left to soak into the cue over a period of 2 weeks.

The cue does appear to give more cue power than when I previously had it although I did have a small alteration on the tip by changing the tip size from 9.5mm to 9.3mm.

I think after time cues get automatically lighter as they lose their moisture and need to be fed with some oil to keep them consistently playing at the same level.

Although having said that Ted the problem with your cue is most probably likely to be your tip or your technique haha!!

Comment

I am sure some of the experienced cue makers would be able to give some more ideas on this topic Ted. I would think it would lose weight if the weights became loose.

bongo

Comment

I thought it was the tips, but...

I have changed tips two time for the past one month. Change them, play with them to let them "run-in", but still couldn't do those long deep screw shots with ease as I could when the cue was new.

Ted

Comment

Working...
        X