No announcement yet.

genuine O'Min website ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think i should help defend the Malaysian fella just in case some people get confused reading this thread...he's not the "Original" O'Min website, but he does carry real O'Min cues, but I'm not sure whether he'd be able to help order a custom cue, as far as I know most of the stuff he sells are mid-ranged.

62"??? , what're you trying to use the cue for? To poke midgets up a tree? (watch family guy)...I think only NBA players, or Yao Ming at 7 foot 6" would need cues that long
    Last edited by spartacus_ck; 11 September 2008, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Hi fellas,

@ Spartacus - I do understand that this guy is stocking O'min cues but as you said it doesn't make lot of sense to order a Thai cue from India through a Malaysian cue maker. Add to it the fact the I would have to get it shipped to Singapore to my friend who would be carrying it across to India in person.

Better to get one from UK and ask my mates there to bring it over.

@ Others - opening a more appropriately titled thread for discussion on cue length.
      "We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo

Comment

hi there im jhleong from originalomin.com

hi , just to clarify a few things here regarding my about tallguy here asking about genuine omin cues.

The cues are original omin cues from bangkok which I go there once a month to collect and to do QC on the cues. Of course you can directly get the cues from omin thailand but the thing is they are not so good in english that is why last month there are someone from some forum complain them for what they order dont come right bcos of communication problem.

I personally knows omin and o'min's sister which are the one that replies to the any emails and bcos i can speak a little thai language with her, that is why i can represent them in selling their cues effectively. And if you were to get the cues from me, it comes direct from their factory to yr place. I am just helping them in selling their cues and of course i will mark up a little. Me and Omin and his family have been friends for 13 years. And I have sold more then 2,000 cues worldwide . this u can ask omincuesthai yrself via email and ask them if they know j.h.leong from malaysia.

I think this will clarify your requirement regarding genuine or non genuine. My website are not designed mainly for selling cue purposes, its helping all the snooker people to get genuine original omin cues wt the highest quality. and of course wt snooker news and events together. :snooker:

I personally love omin snooker cue since i discovered it at 1996. I love it because of the workmanship.

u can also check out this section http://originalomin.com/learning/
        a little more on Omin and me. i will update more pictures soon when i am free.

Comment

to clarify a few more things.

1. I do not stock O'min cues.

2. All my cues are custom made by Omin upon all the orders that I have received. Sometimes I do get special requirement like no need to put Omin brand on butt which never allow by Omin and in Malaysia only 8 people have it. This one only special from Mr. Omin to me. Meaning to says that Omin replies to my demand as we are very close.

3. Because of the length of the cue you ordered (60") me and Omin discussed to do u a 18" butt mainly for the cue balancing purpose. secondly is can fit into the quarter joint cue box.

by the way your cue has been ordered but if you dont want it is ok, i will use it for experiment purpose. because at moment me and omin is experimenting to produce pool cues. so this 60" will be a good test for us.

Comment

Originally Posted by spartacus_ck View Post
            I think i should help defend the Malaysian fella just in case some people get confused reading this thread...he's not the "Original" O'Min website, but he does carry real O'Min cues, but I'm not sure whether he'd be able to help order a custom cue, as far as I know most of the stuff he sells are mid-ranged.

62"??? , what're you trying to use the cue for? To poke midgets up a tree? (watch family guy)...I think only NBA players, or Yao Ming at 7 foot 6" would need cues that long
            hi spartacus, thanks for defending us malaysian. Hard to see that coming from Australia especially. i just delivered a climax custom Omin cue to sydney. dont know whether is u but anyway i wonder how u know about me n my website. but thanks

Comment

Hi TallGuy,

i know JH Leong (Originalomin) personally. i go to his snooker centre everyweek for training purpose.

i have ordered 2 custom made 1pc maple from him, one without logo (round butt) and another with Union label (by mistake, suppose to be Universe )

both cue very nice to play, really can replace the custom made cue tat i have for years.

JH Leong told me about ur case, really quite long. but of course, it is great experiment for everyone.

i'm average player, but i would suggest you to go for shorter cue, maybe just change ur standing position or something. but anyway, to get good balance for such length is not easy. JH Leong just went to Thailand again to get some cues, he should be back today. not sure if your cue will be ready for this batch.

Please share with us once you have received the cue, thanks ya

Comment

Cue on the way

Originally Posted by lalateoh View Post
                Hi TallGuy,

i know JH Leong (Originalomin) personally. i go to his snooker centre everyweek for training purpose.

i have ordered 2 custom made 1pc maple from him, one without logo (round butt) and another with Union label (by mistake, suppose to be Universe )

both cue very nice to play, really can replace the custom made cue tat i have for years.

JH Leong told me about ur case, really quite long. but of course, it is great experiment for everyone.

i'm average player, but i would suggest you to go for shorter cue, maybe just change ur standing position or something. but anyway, to get good balance for such length is not easy. JH Leong just went to Thailand again to get some cues, he should be back today. not sure if your cue will be ready for this batch.

Please share with us once you have received the cue, thanks ya

Hi Lalateoh,

JH has already sent the cue from Thailand. It is still on its way. I guess it might take maybe a week or so.

Like you said this is more an experiment. If it works out then well and good. If it doesn't at least I would know the answer is in changing my stance and/or something in my cueing action. But I wont know for sure until I actually try a 60" cue right ?

Will let you know once I try it out.

Comment

Got the cue and it feels good.

Just to let anyone interested know the final conclusion of this whole matter. I have received the cue and case in good shape

Have been playing for a couple of days with it and I have to say it feels really good. It is much much better than the cheap machine made cue I was using. I haven't played with any top or medium range cue before so can't make any comparisons.

I already improved my line up highest break from 47 to 51 ( made 51 twice !!) and had a "split" break of 83 (Missed a red at 49 but kept playing assuming it had been potted).

Thanks for the cue, JH.
                  Last edited by tallguy; 12 October 2008, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by tallguy View Post
                    Just to let anyone interested know the final conclusion of this whole matter. I have received the cue and case in good shape

Have been playing for a couple of days with it and I have to say it feels really good. It is much much better than the cheap machine made cue I was using. I haven't played with any top or medium range cue before so can't make any comparisons.

I already improved my line up highest break from 47 to 51 ( made 51 twice !!) and had a "split" break of 83 (Missed a red at 49 but kept playing assuming it had been potted).

Thanks for the cue, JH.
                    Congratulation.
                    By the way, I was reading Cliff Thorburn's book. The guy is very tall, but his cue only reaches his arm pit when standing side by side with him.
                    I guess it is because of how square he stands and how much he bends his bridge arm with a short bridge.
                    John Higgins still has a few inches behind his grip, even though his cue is shorter than 57" and he is a tall guy.
                    Hope you find what would work best for you.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                    X