Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

62" cue for a 6'6" guy. Too long or just right ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my pleasure
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

It is not your height, but your bridge length, the length of your arm, and the angle you rotate your body when you are down, that determine how long a cue you need to at least be comfortable(not holding the very end with one finger...etc).
      You can get a shorter than "standard" cue, and still play very comfortably if you have a more square stance, with a bend bridge arm, and a short compact action. Some people have shorter arms even though they are tall, and some long arms even though they are short.
      I think no matter what, your bridge length should not be too long, agree? So, say how about 6" bridge length, is that enough?
      Why dont you try to get down on a shot with your normal stance, hold a long stick (put your extension on your cue), with a 6" bridge length, and try to see where your back hand grips the cue when the lower arm is perpendicular to the table. Your cue length should not be too much longer than this length.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I agree with what you say poolqjunkie.

I had a 57" cue which I found very short and played with a 6" extension on always.( I know ). For the vast majority of the shots I gripped it right where the butt ended with forefinger and thumb on butt and 3 fingers on the extension piece. This left about 3 inches overhang after my grip.

The playability was not too bad but the cue was very heavy of course and longer shots and more powerful shots didn't feel that good. So I decided to get a longer cue custom made and since I had no clue about cues or cuemaking I thought I would get it made to 63" (57+6=63 ). I saw the Peradon cuewizard allowing you to design 62" cues. This led me to assume 62" was normal and I came down to 62" from 63".

Luckily before I placed an order I came across this forum and posed this question. Got some sound advice from top cuemakers no less (thanks mike,trev)

Anyhow I have a 60" cue right now and pretty pleased with it. I don't really find a need to change my stance or bridging with it. Just gonna keep practising. Like someone posted in this forum, 95% of the equation is about the guy holding the cue rather than the cue itself, right ?
        "We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo

Comment

Dear Karthik ,
          Very happy to hear that you are comfortable with your new o min champion cue .
          Before we send the cue to you, me and Mr. O min personally try out the cue , but unfortunately we are unable to fully experiment it . due to our height . i am only 5 ft 7" and Mr. O min is only 5 ft 2" (Actually we had a big laugh at it too. Ha! Ha!) .
          However we are happy the cue works out well for you. Practice more and hope one day you can represent India in some international tounaments like World Snooker and Billiard Champion Pankaj Avani (India). so maybe we can meet up there !!!

Comment

Well I'm only 4foot 1 and use a cue 63 inches,Its good but I'm thinking of adding another 2 inches just so that I can get that extra follow through.

Comment

Originally Posted by bonoman1970 View Post
              Well I'm only 4foot 1 and use a cue 63 inches,Its good but I'm thinking of adding another 2 inches just so that I can get that extra follow through.
              lol.....
              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

I use a 60" cue and its a strange one, i had it made as i just couldn't use a standard size cue being 6, 5 however for me its more difficult to cue straight. not sure why.

anyway im selling it soon lol

going to change to 58/59" and 18oz i reckon, maybe wooldridge as he refurbed my current cue and is now superb :snooker:
                My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                X