No announcement yet.

Snooker players and cue tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, following trend is human nature, and thats also how a business can survive and build up too.

I can't even be bothered to try one on myself as i am a believer of good cue action, considering too much other factors can only affect the minds.

But thanks for all replies, truely interesting to see what others are using.......keep on replying if you know more.......

Comment

I find it hard to believe that a Pro snooker player would use a Talisman tip, they are as hard as hell, even the so called soft one is like granite :snooker:
      And I find it more unbelievable that RS or JH with there great touch would even think on using one. Seems like a sales pitch to me.
      Welsh Is Best

Comment

I just switched to a firm layered tip. I am very suprised to see how much more spin I can put on the cue ball, and how much more consistent my results are in terms of cue ball control. My center ball strike also feels very firm and steady. But I have only used it for about 10 hours.

I do notice that I like everything with this, except on screw back. I think may be I need to change the way I hit my deep screw shots, as they are not really working for me as well as my elkmaster was. Perhaps I just need more time. I might just be afraid of miscueing?

My old elk was a very firm elk, but it has recently became like a land slide, the cue ball could almost touch the brass ferrule on one side of the tip.

I am not sure why, but I am really getting more spin, I mean quite a bit more. May be it is because my old elk was flatter and this one now has a nicely doom top for more contact surface? May be is it just the extra firmness, i am nto sure.
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Does anyone know what tip steve davis & stephen hendry use?
          http://i50.tinypic.com/oi62rr.jpg
          "Ronnie is very special. He's a genius - snooker's equivalent of Mozart." Ebdon

http://u.youku.com/user_show/uid_snookerfan92

Comment

Working...
          X