All Cuemakers - How about a raffle ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by mikewooldridge View Post
    subject to minimum entrants of course...
    Yeah, of course.

Could the mods make a sticky thread for all those that would be interested in entering?

Comment

count me in !!!
      http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

I like this idea...

How many tickets are you selling, and how many are one allowed to buy?

Does the winner have a choice of the design, and the cue maker?
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
          I like this idea...

How many tickets are you selling, and how many are one allowed to buy?

Does the winner have a choice of the design, and the cue maker?

The only cue maker who has responded to this thread has been Mike Wooldridge.
          So the first raffle would be for one of Mike's cues.
          We would need a list of names first to see who would be interested in taking part(I will open a new thread for this).
          Yes, you can enter as many times as you want.....the quicker 50 numbers are sold, the quicker we would have a winner.....
          I will not be selling tickets. You would pay £10 for one to Mike directly, and he would issue you with a number(£20 for 2, £30 for 3 etc)

As for the choice of design, I'm sure you would get a very nice cue for £500.... http://www.handmadecues.com/

Comment

Alright...if Mike's willing to do it, then i've got £10 to spare. My question is, how do we pay Mike? The only method I can think of that'll work for both people in the UK and overseas is via PayPal, right? And how do we know how and when is the lottery number being picked, especially for overseas "gamblers"?

Oh yea, just to be fair. i think every person should only be allowed ONE entry, or make it a maximum of 3 if you want to be tolerant, makes it more exciting, no? Instead of someone buying up £100 of entries and wins , I'd still be gutted, and would want to hunt the winner down just to break his cue.
            Last edited by spartacus_ck; 14 September 2008, 03:50 AM.

Comment

lol
              Well, I'd definitely be in and Paypal seems like the way to go.
              Ok Mike...lay some ground rules baby.

Comment

can't wait to get me pro 5 lol think it should be limited to 2 entry's at the most though
                So it's Rorschach and Prozac and everything is groovy
                World Masters - Lucky Dip 2011 winner
                World Championship-Lucky Dip 2011 winner
                Snooker island July 2011 - Australian Open prediction comp winner
                http://www.leaguesnooker.co.uk/

Comment

How much money is going to Mike/the cue if it were £10 for the first 50 then yes £500.
                  But if you have 2 or three entries per 50 it would be £1000-1500
                  would the extra money go to a charity or the website or Mike?
                  Last edited by burwatchampion; 26 September 2008, 09:09 AM.

Comment

i would have thought it would be limited to a total of 50 including peoples multiple entry
                    So it's Rorschach and Prozac and everything is groovy
                    World Masters - Lucky Dip 2011 winner
                    World Championship-Lucky Dip 2011 winner
                    Snooker island July 2011 - Australian Open prediction comp winner
                    http://www.leaguesnooker.co.uk/

Comment

Then everyone would have to have a fair warning for the start.

Comment

Originally Posted by burwatchampion View Post
                        hHow much money is going to Mike/the cue if it were £10 for the first 50 then yes £500.
                        If there was £1000-£1500, you would have a draw for 2 or 3 consecutive weeks...2 or 3 winners....

If we want to go with the Euro Millions Lottery draw to pick a winner(first number out) there could only be a maximum of 50 numbers sold per raffle.

ferret still has to work out some details with Mike if this will go ahead.

Comment

Originally Posted by drlog147 View Post
                          can't wait to get me pro 5 lol think it should be limited to 2 entry's at the most though
                          The visitor numbers to this forum arent massive so I dont think you'd reach the 50 entrants if it was limited. But if a few poeple buy up a bunch of tickets (as the surely would do) I think there could be 50. No one is guarenteed to win anyway by buying up a bunch of tickets, their risk is larger.
                          "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

it's a good idea, but needs a lot of thought.

dannyd0g makes a good point, apart from the few regulars, there not an awful lot of people to support this.

plus, we've all been there when everyone says 'yeah, i'm up for that', but when it comes to money time, they never come through...

i'll think about it and see what i can come up with.
                            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by burwatchampion View Post
                              hHow much money is going to Mike/the cue if it were £10 for the first 50 then yes £500.
                              charity. do you know mike?
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

If Mike starts charging less for his cues, that alone would be charity!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X