All Cuemakers - How about a raffle ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by spartacus_ck View Post
    If Mike starts charging less for his cues, that alone would be charity!!!
    charging less for his cues, thats a novel idea.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

May be charge a bit more per ticket? I mean, if it is 20 pounds each ticket, then you need to only sell 25 tickets. I think that is possible.

Is it s particular design, or is it limited to a few designs? May be if we know what we would be getting, like some pictures or such, it would stimulate some more interest.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
        May be charge a bit more per ticket? I mean, if it is 20 pounds each ticket, then you need to only sell 25 tickets. I think that is possible.

Is it s particular design, or is it limited to a few designs? May be if we know what we would be getting, like some pictures or such, it would stimulate some more interest.
        If that's the case, I'd still prefer it being 10 pounds per ticket, but with a limit for per person...somehow I'd feel even more gutted if the ticket was twice the price, and i still don't win anything . I like to think negatively for now, so that when I win, I can have double the excitement

Comment

raffle

I think there would be a lot of interest,but ,as Mike says it needs thinking out a bit.

There are 49 members logged on at the moment,it wouldn't take long to start another thread to see who expresses an interest.Once there is a rough idea of numbers people can suggest their own ideas how it could be run fairly.

Comment

Originally Posted by spartacus_ck View Post
            If that's the case, I'd still prefer it being 10 pounds per ticket, but with a limit for per person...somehow I'd feel even more gutted if the ticket was twice the price, and i still don't win anything . I like to think negatively for now, so that when I win, I can have double the excitement
            Yes, i see what you mean.
            Say if it was 50 pounds a ticket, only 10 sold, and I purchased 5 tickets, still not win the cue, I will be very very mad and upset.

BTW, is shipping extra?
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

What's the status with the raffle then?

Comment

If your gonna run a raffle on a no rake basis why bother with a cue from one perticular maker when you can have the cash as the prize and choose the cue maker yourself ?

Usually it's the cuemaker/owner who sets up such a raffle as he's the only certain winner.
                see: http://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
                Last edited by JellyTot; 26 September 2008, 12:58 AM.

Comment

yes all the money should go to me then you chose a maker!

Comment

Maybe if Mike offered a discount on the custom things like the taper and lenght etc..
                    I dont want to offend but as i understand it these things are part of the price with trevor and some other cue makers.
                    I have been thinking of getting a cue made by Mike and it does add up a bit when you add alterations on the site.

Comment

actually if you are buying a new cue direct from mike the prices are not that bad its if you a modifying one you already have its expensive

Comment

Oh the custom cues cover most of the cost allready!!
                        I was looking at the classic then changing it.
                        Sorry!
                        Still would cost £545 for what i want with no splices!!!

Comment

a steal.

Comment

On whos part only joking mike lol

Comment

Originally Posted by burwatchampion View Post
                              Oh the custom cues cover most of the cost allready!!
                              I was looking at the classic then changing it.
                              Sorry!
                              Still would cost £545 for what i want with no splices!!!
                              dunno where you get £545 from? basic custom cue is not that much.

email me what you were looking at so i can work out where you got the price from.

anyway, back on topic, been a bit busy to sort out the raffle idea but it will happen. just need a little time...
                              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Regarding the legality of a raffle play safe and google the law on such. You'll conclude as I did that if the draw is made outside of the UK then it'd be quite legit and no problem for this uk based board. Thus use a winning number of the Euro lotteryor simlar. Again go see how they do it over a a-z billiards. http://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73
                                Last edited by JellyTot; 26 September 2008, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X