Coutts Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coutts Cue

Just while there is a survey floating around about best cuemaker on the forum, I thought it was worth mentioning a guy who many of you will know but seldom gets talked about and I believe he is worth very much an honourable mention and that is Lincolns Dave Coutts. To be honest up there with the best of them.

I had ordered a cue on behalf of a member of our local club who decided against the cue in the end but I decided to take the cue regardless out of curiosity. The cue was 57 long, 17.75oz, 9.8mm tip, 29mm butt diameter, Ash shaft, Ebony butt with a single splice in Birds Eye Maple woth thick green vaneer. Supplied with quick lock joint 2 inches above splice points, and two extentions

The cue was quoted at 16 weeks leadtime and ended up well inside this with delivery taking 12 weeks which was a pleasent surprise. The cue was very well built with good stiff ash shaft and jet black ebony. The birds eye maple quite frankly is as good as it gets with tonnes of eyes on the timber creating lovely sheen

The total package came in at under 400 pounds which in my opinion is great value for money for a hand made cue from a top class craftsman.

Oh and a side point which to a certain extent is by the by but is reassuring nontheless Possibly the best packaged cue on the planet. I needed every tool in my scant toolbox + a team of professional safecrackers to get into it!!!! So well done again
    Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

I have certainly heard lots of good stuff about Dave's cues. He was very high on my list when I was looking for a cue. Never seen one of his cues in the flesh though would love to see one.

Comment

2 weeks already,I got no reply from Coutts, I will wait 1 more week , if no reply from him I will come to other cue maker!

Comment

Daves cues are awsome, in my opinion he is one of 4 cue makers that you couldnt split for quality with the other 3 being Trevor White, Mike Wooldridge and Robin Cook.

Comment

Originally Posted by archalf1471 View Post
          Just while there is a survey floating around about best cuemaker on the forum, I thought it was worth mentioning a guy who many of you will know but seldom gets talked about and I believe he is worth very much an honourable mention and that is Lincolns Dave Coutts. To be honest up there with the best of them.

I had ordered a cue on behalf of a member of our local club who decided against the cue in the end but I decided to take the cue regardless out of curiosity. The cue was 57 long, 17.75oz, 9.8mm tip, 29mm butt diameter, Ash shaft, Ebony butt with a single splice in Birds Eye Maple woth thick green vaneer. Supplied with quick lock joint 2 inches above splice points, and two extentions

The cue was quoted at 16 weeks leadtime and ended up well inside this with delivery taking 12 weeks which was a pleasent surprise. The cue was very well built with good stiff ash shaft and jet black ebony. The birds eye maple quite frankly is as good as it gets with tonnes of eyes on the timber creating lovely sheen

The total package came in at under 400 pounds which in my opinion is great value for money for a hand made cue from a top class craftsman.

Oh and a side point which to a certain extent is by the by but is reassuring nontheless Possibly the best packaged cue on the planet. I needed every tool in my scant toolbox + a team of professional safecrackers to get into it!!!! So well done again
          Thanks for this.

Went to the web site, cues look real good. Must admit did not know much about him until now. Very good price, too, I think.

Once again, appreciate it, thank you.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I have had or seen cues from every top cue maker in the business. Imo Dave Coutts and Trevor White are equal top. Its impossible to get better quality and they are both unbeatable value for money wise. Also Dave's compressed elkmasters are fantastic.:snooker:

Comment

Working...
            X