• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Best Cue Maker"

Who's name came acrossed your mind?

Just names, no whys please.

Thank you.

Ted

Ohmygodnotanotherthreadaboutcuemakers was the first thing that crossed my mind although im not sure if its a name

Comment

Originally Posted by ja. View Post
      Ohmygodnotanotherthreadaboutcuemakers was the first thing that crossed my mind although im not sure if its a name
      Have you found a cue maker for your "player" Rory yet?
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Ted Su(TW) View Post

Thank you.

Ted
        James White
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
          Have you found a cue maker for your "player" Rory yet?
          ummm... no.

Comment

Originally Posted by ja. View Post
            ummm... no.
            Get your hairy player a pair of pants first.
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
              Get your hairy player a pair of pants first.
              hey im the manager and managers knows best!

Comment

Thank you.

Ted
                Almost an impossible question. But the answer is the person who makes a cue for you that you are totally satisfied with and it becomes an extension of your arm so to speak and it suits your game and plays all the shots expected of it...and a cue which doesn't make you a worse player! The person that does that is the best cue maker.

If somebody was blindfolded and they had to pick a number of cues off a table, then if they got really used to their cue, they would be able to pick it up and know which cue was theirs.

bongo

Comment

I am not looking for complicated answers.

It's personal, for me it's O'min at the moment coz I've been playing with one for 6 yrs.

Ted

Comment

I am not looking for complicated answers.

It's personal, for me it's O'min at the moment coz I've been playing with one for 6 yrs.

Ted
                    Seeing you are from Taiwan, I though it would be southwest no doubt. I heard Wu CC had a 89 first time he played snooker with his southwest.
                    Last edited by poolqjunkie; 16 September 2008, 09:06 PM.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

The question is simply too vague. First of all, what constitutes as the "Best Cue Maker"? Is it his craftmanship, the price he charges, his customer service, attention to detail, being able to create someone exactly what the customer requested? The amount of advertising he's placed? The amount of pro players who endorse his cues? The number of countries his cues are available for sale? The amount of time he takes to make your order? How long he's been in the industry? For example, if we want to compare it by experience, Peradon's been around since 1885, does that mean they're the best? John Parris is supposedly the world's most famous cue maker, does that mean the cues he sells are absolutely top quality? Thai brands like O'Min and Unique charge their cues at low and competitive prices, does that mean they triumph above all else? Or is based on how well you play with the cue? Because if so, then I'd label my best cue being my 1st cue, some crap Viking brand machine spliced 1/2 cue. I was able to consistently make 60-70 breaks with it 10 years ago until a friend of mine lost it.

If you're simply talking about names, then you cannot simply judge just "One" being the "Best Cue Maker". It's simply not fair to just throw out and name and claim they're "THE BEST". I like to think that all the cue makers that we know of are all trying to be the best they can, because it's not a simple thing to do. It's time consuming and takes years of experience and skill to perfect the art. If they're really in to make big money out of it, I'm sure they're better off doing other stuff. Some cue makers might have sold their soul to the devil and prey on any advertising they can get, hence labelling themselves "Best Cue Maker", providing their cues to pro players in hopes of shameless endorsement. I don't think there's any cue makers here that would dare claim they rule above everyone else...oh on second thought, there might be one though, but he doesn't show up here very often anymore .

I understand your intention of starting this thread, but come on, it's not that big of a forum, and there's already heaps of other thread talking about this, and it's really just becoming repetitive. If you're really tempted to find out what the rest are saying, just go through some of the topics that are already around. I'm sure you'll be able to find out what you want to know.

Comment

Working...
                      X