Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I buy this piece for my Aeon cue ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I buy this piece for my Aeon cue ???

Hey dudes,

First of all, let me introduce myselfs. I'm Mark, live in Belgium, and I play snooker for about 15 years now. 10 years ago I bought myselfs a nice quality 3/4 cue from Aeon, including small extention, that screws in the end of the cue, and a telescopical extention. Eveything is stored in the well-known triangle case. So far, I have no regrets I bought it.

My mate also plays with a similar 3/4 Aeon cue. We play every week for about 5 hours. Always nice frames are played ...

So far my introduction. Now my question.

2 years ago I bought me an extra weight that is screwed in the back of the cue. Since I use it, my game really improved. Some time ago, my mate used it also during one of our weekly matches. He was amazed how this affects your game in a positive way. We have been looking around here in Belgium to get him such an extra weight, but so far unsuccesfull.

Can you guys help us out on this, and let me know where we can get this ?

I included a picture of the weight I'm using. It weighs about 25grams.

Thanx for your help dudes ...

Mark

PS: My apologies for my bad english ....
    Attached Files

That actually looks like the joints Unique cues and Robin Cook uses. I don't know anything about those weights, the closest thing I can recommend is probably this joint butt protector from eBay. I'm currently using one for my Parris cue, it's great because the rubber end helps protect the butt of your cue, and the seller is very responsive too, even gave me a discount when i bought more than 1. It's made of brass so it's good a wee bit of weight on it, not sure if it's what you're looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CUE-PROTECTOR-...d=p3286.c0.m14

Comment

You might want to try Hunt & Osborne in London, I think they're still using these.

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
        You might want to try Hunt & Osborne in London, I think they're still using these.
        You know where I can find them ? Do they have a website or e-mail to contact them?

Originally Posted by spartacus_ck View Post
        That actually looks like the joints Unique cues and Robin Cook uses. I don't know anything about those weights, the closest thing I can recommend is probably this joint butt protector from eBay. I'm currently using one for my Parris cue, it's great because the rubber end helps protect the butt of your cue, and the seller is very responsive too, even gave me a discount when i bought more than 1. It's made of brass so it's good a wee bit of weight on it, not sure if it's what you're looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CUE-PROTECTOR-...d=p3286.c0.m14
        This is indeed something that could be usefull, but this on won't fit the butt of the Aeon cue. It needs to have that special shape ...

Mark

Comment

They've got various butt joints for different cues though, I reckon you could email them and find out.

Comment

Hi

That joint is currently used by Dragon cues.
            It is larger than the omin/unique.

I did have some in stock but made them into Telescopic ext's

Comment

Hey guys,

Thanx for your help so far.

I contacted a few companies in the UK, to see if they can supply me with such an extra butt weight.

Mark

Comment

Originally Posted by Dude147 View Post
                Hey guys,

Thanx for your help so far.

I contacted a few companies in the UK, to see if they can supply me with such an extra butt weight.

Mark
                Hi Mark,

So, is this like an added weight that you can remove anytime? Was it a standard feature offered by Aeon back then, or was it done just for you? Does any other cue maker use this?

Thank you for the picture.
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                  Hi Mark,

So, is this like an added weight that you can remove anytime? Was it a standard feature offered by Aeon back then, or was it done just for you? Does any other cue maker use this?

Thank you for the picture.
                  Hey,

It's indeed an extra weight that screws in the butt-end of the cue. The same place where you can get in your other extensions.

The weight I have is something originally made by/for Aeon, so nothing we made ourselves.

I guess you can get this for any cue that has a joint at the end of the cue. If you get the joint, and add some extra weight to it, you got something similar to mine. I'm not so sure these weights are easy to get.

As far as I know, Aeon doesn't exists anymore, so I doubt I'm gonna find me an extra weight that fits my Aeon cue.

I made a few extra pictures, which show how the weight screws in the butt of the cue.

Mark
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by Dude147 View Post
                    Hey,

It's indeed an extra weight that screws in the butt-end of the cue. The same place where you can get in your other extensions.

The weight I have is something originally made by/for Aeon, so nothing we made ourselves.

I guess you can get this for any cue that has a joint at the end of the cue. If you get the joint, and add some extra weight to it, you got something similar to mine. I'm not so sure these weights are easy to get.

As far as I know, Aeon doesn't exists anymore, so I doubt I'm gonna find me an extra weight that fits my Aeon cue.

I made a few extra pictures, which show how the weight screws in the butt of the cue.

Mark
                    Thanks for the pictures. Looks rather neat.
                    Seems like he just took out the bottom part of the joint that goes into the cue, and round off and polish the top, or did he custom machined it? Pretty neat. You have kept it very nicly polished for all these years.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                      Thanks for the pictures. Looks rather neat.
                      Seems like he just took out the bottom part of the joint that goes into the cue, and round off and polish the top, or did he custom machined it? Pretty neat. You have kept it very nicly polished for all these years.
                      Hey,

It's not custom made especially for me. And how it's made, I don't know, but it could be a modded joint as you also mentioned.

It's indeed very neat, and I keep it in good shape. Also the rest of the cue. All the brass gets a nice polishing on a regular basis, to keep it nice and shiny ...

Mark :snooker:

Comment

Hi I live near Coventry

And remember when they were making Aeon cues. The joint was made by Garrison Engineering and known as Spirolok, They went into partnership with Hunt and Obryne, and made some lower range cues with the Hunt and Obryne plate on them,so the current Hunt and Osborne may have some of these Spirolok blanks.

Good Luck Paul

Comment

Originally Posted by S Davis Fan View Post
                          Hi I live near Coventry

And remember when they were making Aeon cues. The joint was made by Garrison Engineering and known as Spirolok, They went into partnership with Hunt and Obryne, and made some lower range cues with the Hunt and Obryne plate on them,so the current Hunt and Osborne may have some of these Spirolok blanks.

Good Luck Paul
                          Hey Paul,

Thanx for your help on this.

I've sent an email to Hunt & Osborne, to see if they can help me out on this, providing me an extra butt weight, as shown in the picture. Or just only the male part of the Spirolok joint. I can get it machined to a weight here.

Or I could contact Garrison Engineering to see if they could help me out with a dimensional drawing of the joint. So I searched the internet, but it sees they don't have a website, at least, I'm not able to find it ... They're located in Kent, that's what I found, but no website. Maybe you know this?

Thanx

Mark

Mark

Comment

Mark

That is all I know.

Let us know how you get on

Good Luck Paul

Comment

Garrison Engineering‎
                              Bulldozer House, New Rd
                              Sheerness, Kent, ME12 1AU
                              01795 660666

That is all I could find. Im sure if you gave them a call they would give you an email address to write to
                              sigpic <---New Website
                              Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X