Best Cues at different ranges.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Cues at different ranges.

Ok first off this is not a "Who is the best maker" etc..

It is a thread for people who want a cue at a budget as not all people have hundreds of pounds/dollars etc to spend.

What I would like to know (as we have alot of people with alot of experience here) is what are the best cues for the best budget.

Budgets being:

£10 - £50
    £50 - £100
    £100 - £200
    £200 - £300
    £300+

Would be nice to see the results.
    sigpic <---New Website
    Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

100 - 200 my best cue is O'MIN
    200 - 300 my best one is North West !(Kevin Muncaster - Much much better than the JHON PARRIS AT THIS PRICE RANGE!!!)
    Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

if your having a cue made to your own spec and dont want to spend over £200 you will be hard pressed to beat paul morris (bitter on this forum) or (welshpool trading) same person very good for the money

Comment

Based on what I have played with. I would think mine would be like this. Not sure if my pricing is correct though:

£10 - £50 - Rileys cue (them crappy ones)
        £50 - £100 - Cue Craft (quite crappy as well)
        £100 - £200 - Unique (current cue)
        £200 - £300 - John Parris Classic - (Better, Older Parris' ) (Used)
        £300+ - John Parris Exclusive (only cue I played with in that range)

Comment

i would put Trevor White top in the £200-£300 pound catagory
          Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

Comment

Hi,

My thoughts below:

£10 - £50 = Car boot cue, decent machine spliced Master cue on ebay

£50 - £100 = Master cue (machine spliced)

£100 - £200 = 1 piece plain ebony butt from Coutts cues, Craftsman, Omin, Master cue,

£200 - £300 = Trevor White, Robin Cook, Dave Coutts, Tony Glover, Mike Wooldridge

£300+ = Trevor White, Robin Cook, Dave Coutts, Tony Glover, Mike Wooldridge, Robert Osbourne, Will hunt

Comment

Mike Wooldridge does some cheaper cues. Called Shark Series if my memory serves me well.

Comment

Originally Posted by Asi View Post
                100 - 200 my best cue is O'MIN
                200 - 300 my best one is North West !(Kevin Muncaster - Much much better than the JHON PARRIS AT THIS PRICE RANGE!!!)
                how many north west cue and parris cues have you seen to come to this conclusion. kevin makes a good cue i own 3 myself and have visited is workshop in preston many times but to say they are as good as parris is a bold statement.

Originally Posted by Boy Wonder View Post
                Hi,

My thoughts below:

£10 - £50 = Car boot cue, decent machine spliced Master cue on ebay

£50 - £100 = Master cue (machine spliced)

£100 - £200 = 1 piece plain ebony butt from Coutts cues, Craftsman, Omin, Master cue,

£200 - £300 = Trevor White, Robin Cook, Dave Coutts, Tony Glover, Mike Wooldridge

£300+ = Trevor White, Robin Cook, Dave Coutts, Tony Glover, Mike Wooldridge, Robert Osbourne, Will hunt

same again why didnt you mention john parris i know it all personal preference but for some reason parris cues get alot a **** on this forum the guy makes some of the best cues on the market fullstop.

Comment

[QUOTE=joe2311;326659]how many north west cue and parris cues have you seen to come to this conclusion. kevin makes a good cue i own 3 myself and have visited is workshop in preston many times but to say they are as good as parris is a bold statement.

As you may knowת or should know, cue is a very personal issue. I have seen and played with more than 10 Parris cues: Ambassador, Regal, Professional, Champion, Elite Paragon, Special, Ultimate... I have played with 3 North West cues and my playing cue is a brand new costume made by Kevin. Can assure you that the last one is better ( again, for me!) than all the other Parris cues. Its a personal choice and feeling. Any more explanations ?!

Comment

[QUOTE=Asi;326664]
                    Originally Posted by joe2311 View Post
                    how many north west cue and parris cues have you seen to come to this conclusion. kevin makes a good cue i own 3 myself and have visited is workshop in preston many times but to say they are as good as parris is a bold statement.

As you may knowת or should know, cue is a very personal issue. I have seen and played with more than 10 Parris cues: Ambassador, Regal, Professional, Champion, Elite Paragon, Special, Ultimate... I have played with 3 North West cues and my playing cue is a brand new costume made by Kevin. Can assure you that the last one is better ( again, for me!) than all the other Parris cues. Its a personal choice and feeling. Any more explanations ?!
                    no just wondering you must get to see loads of parris and north west cues in israel.
                    Last edited by joe2311; 21 September 2008, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by joe2311 View Post

same again why didnt you mention john parris i know it all personal preference but for some reason parris cues get alot a **** on this forum the guy makes some of the best cues on the market fullstop.
                      Joe can i point out that it is peoples impressions of what cues are good for the money. This is to help people who are looking for new cues but would like to know what is best. Others have contributed what they think is best for the money. So rather than getting on the John Parris is god band wagon...put some cues up in those groups. And yes i would agree, Parris cues are good, but i would say they are not worth the money you pay for them. The old ones, yes are good, new ones you are paying for the name 9 times out of 10.
                      sigpic <---New Website
                      Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

[QUOTE=joe2311;326666]
                        Originally Posted by Asi View Post

no just wondering you must get to see loads of parris and north west cues in isreal.
                        Snooker is very popular here (Just came back from John Higgins exhibition which took place tonight here in Tel Aviv). see... we have more north west cues in Israel than you could imagine.

Comment

Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
                          Joe can i point out that it is peoples impressions of what cues are good for the money. This is to help people who are looking for new cues but would like to know what is best. Others have contributed what they think is best for the money. So rather than getting on the John Parris is god band wagon...put some cues up in those groups. And yes i would agree, Parris cues are good, but i would say they are not worth the money you pay for them. The old ones, yes are good, new ones you are paying for the name 9 times out of 10.
                          i am not on the parris (band wagon) i play with a old maple club cue respliced by trevor white but unlike everyone else on this site who seem to think wooldridge and white are gods (as you say) parris just gets aload of **** from every member on here when he has clearly been the front runner in the cue buisness for the last 25 years thats the problem with this forum same old **** every new post best cue maker,best cue,best value cue, best looking cue bla bla bla . i would like to hazard a guese that most of the posters on this forum have'nt got a fooooking clue what they are talking about in the first place stop quoting what everyone else is saying and put somthing original up.

Comment

I have no problem in saying, that in my own personal opinion, Parris cues are more or less as good as you can buy.

As with a small number of other makers, he is right up there, and deservedly so.

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
                              I have no problem in saying, that in my own personal opinion, Parris cues are more or less as good as you can buy.

As with a small number of other makers, he is right up there, and deservedly so.
                              i wasnt trying to say you and mike dont deserve you status as good cue makers trevor imo you are two of the best in the buisness i was over the moon with what you did with that maple shaft i sent you if you could call it a shaft you turned it in to amazing cue which i am still using and dont think i will ever change. but for some reason parris seems to get a very hard time on this forum and like you said he makes cues as good as anyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X