Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
    Best--- your opinion.
    Exactly. I would say Parris is the best....... KNOWN cue maker in the world, but with some of the cuemakers around, I think it is impossible to say for certain anyone is the best.
    The likes of Will Hunt, Mike Wooldridge, Trevor White, Tony Glover, Robert Osborne, Dave Coutts, Robin Cook are all up there with JP with best cuemakers. No doubt JP himself can make a fantastic cue when he actually does make it himself, but it is impossible to differenciate between the real top guys in the field.
    End of the day, they can all make top class cues. What works for one player is useless to another, and vice versa.
    If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Originally Posted by djcj147 View Post
      parris are the best cues end of the day but the cost is just outragous but if people keep paying it and they are cause theres always waiting time then oviously he will keep charging what he wants i personally have owned a couple of exclusives but in these days u need to win the EURO MILLIONS to own 1
      As already said this is Your Opinion and Others will have theres, All I can say is Yes John Parris HIMSELF makes a Very Good Cue but I have found Trevor White Cues are alot better for me!

Gaz.
      Last edited by gazza147; 14 July 2011, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Yes it's true Gaz, Trevor make better cues. JP will make cue himself only for a famous players. For us his cues are made in China,Thailand and wood are selected by Master Cue LOL!. :/

Comment

Originally Posted by Master147 View Post
          JP will make cue himself only for a famous players. For us his cues are made in China,Thailand and wood are selected by Master Cue
          Thats just a rumour, it's been going around for years and I highly doubt that it's true.

Comment

do the maths>
            no of cues sold per day = (number of craftsman*working hours per day)/(the time to make a cue)
            if the value on the left is greater than the value on the right means that cues cannot possibly be made in JPs workshop

Comment

Strange then that when i was at JP's 2 weeks ago there was about 8 guys plus JP all working on cues at various stages .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

like I said use the formula and you can come up with a psoitive answer. I am not saying aye that he is importing cues and I am not saying nay that he is making all his own cues as I am not in UK and I cannot testify as to what his sales and production is. Just that the formula gives conclusive proof to an age old argument. Personally I think his cues are way overated. Have many cues that play better than the two JPs I have in my possession.

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                  Strange then that when i was at JP's 2 weeks ago there was about 8 guys plus JP all working on cues at various stages .
                  Nice, must be nice to see John Parris working on a cue right in front of you.
                  www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

i thought he just wore a shirt and trousers and stood front of shop?

in fact, can anyone enlighten me and say they know for a 'fact' john parris has EVER actually got his hands dirty?

no offence or implication intended, just a question that popped into my mind as i read thread.
                    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                      i thought he just wore a shirt and trousers and stood front of shop?

in fact, can anyone enlighten me and say they know for a 'fact' john parris has EVER actually got his hands dirty?

no offence or implication intended, just a question that popped into my mind as i read thread.
                      me second.........

Comment

Working...
                      X