How to define a cue is good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to define a cue is good or bad?

This probably is an ignorant question, but I really want to know, although I have over 10 years experience in playing snooker.
    The question is how to define a cue is good or bad?

Many thanks in advance

play with it if you like it you like it if you dont you dont simple.

Comment

sorry
      Can you go deep into the topic?

Comment

Originally Posted by joe2311 View Post
        play with it if you like it you like it if you dont you dont simple.
        Well, I think it is and it is not that simple

I think to most important thing about a cue is that you can "feel" the shot when you hit the white. I use to play with a cheap riley cue and when I chanced to a decent cue(JP) the most important thing about it was that you instantly feel in your hand did you hit the white properly. I did not get the same response with my old cue.

So, I think that proper cue gives you feedback of haw you hit the ball.

Comment

well a suppose a good cue is a cue that well built that will last the test of time made by a good maker well balenced not to wippy be able to preform a full range of shots and most of all you feel comfortble with. i myself like a 1 piece plain ebony butt maple shaft 18.5/19oz 58.5 in long 10.2//10.5 mm tip with a stiff shaft now to me my cue is a good cue but to another player they might think its a pile of crap . so i say a good cue is a cue you can use well and if you have one it doesnt matter what it looks like or what others think about it just get on with playing and dont worrie about it.

Comment

well, the feel is definitely the most important!

i was playing a master M7, and i tried out my coach's H&O green plate, 1 piece Ash. the feel is just two difference world.... the finish, the smoothness of the shaft, the power. when u have that in your hand, u just feel u are gonna pot the ball right into the middle of the pocket.

but i dont think we get those feels very often, generally, i really mean generally, the more expensive cues give you a better feel. i really wanted to buy a H&O after trying his, but i dont have the money, and ended up with a second hand glover, which is not as great, but still a lot better than the master.

you should really get to your local snooker shop and test the cues out, they will tell you if you are gonna be the owner of one of them.... so yeah, try cues out! it doesnt cost money!

Comment

Originally Posted by GilgamesH View Post

I think to most important thing about a cue is that you can "feel" the shot when you hit the white. I use to play with a cheap riley cue and when I chanced to a decent cue(JP) the most important thing about it was that you instantly feel in your hand did you hit the white properly. I did not get the same response with my old cue.

i personaly think nowadays you are better off with a good made cue from a well known maker because the cheap cues now are utter crap but going back to the early 90s you could get a very good cue for little money . and going back to what i said in my earlier post about a cue suiting the player my friend alan dawber used to be on the pios tour for quite a few years he's a 147 break player and he played with a cue is gran got him out of the focus points that you used to get out of fags and to him thats the best cue in the world .its all about what you like and sod the rest.

Comment

Originally Posted by GilgamesH View Post

there's no better answer for this topic..case is closed..

Comment

You'll know you have found the cue for you when a mate asks to borrow it or buy it and you hear yourself blurt out ""You can have my cue when you pry it from my cold dead hands!" ...
                  Keep looking and trying them out ... I will too!

=o)

Noel

Comment

The best cue for you is the one that you feel you can pot anything and do anything you want with the cue ball with--bonus is if you dont need to pay a lot for it.

The worst cue is the one you pay a lot of money for and could not pot a ball with.

Recently, a friend of mine showed me this one piece cue he had, and said he would not let anyone even touch it. He said he had sent it to a cue maker many times to tune it to make it perfect and so on. How it was THE best cue in the world and all the yadayada. Well, I finally took a shot with it, and it hit like crap. It was one of the worst cue I have ever tried, butt heavy, whippy, no feel and so on--well for me that is. So, it is just very very personal how you like your cue I guess.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                      The best cue for you is the one that you feel you can pot anything and do anything you want with the cue ball with--bonus is if you dont need to pay a lot for it.

The worst cue is the one you pay a lot of money for and could not pot a ball with.

Recently, a friend of mine showed me this one piece cue he had, and said he would not let anyone even touch it. He said he had sent it to a cue maker many times to tune it to make it perfect and so on. How it was THE best cue in the world and all the yadayada. Well, I finally took a shot with it, and it hit like crap. It was one of the worst cue I have ever tried, butt heavy, whippy, no feel and so on--well for me that is. So, it is just very very personal how you like your cue I guess.
                      Yeah! I don’t know why A cue have many views/feels from many peoples! Someone said it a dream cue and someone said it like crap. Why?

Comment

Originally Posted by cueinhand View Post
                        Yeah! I don’t know why A cue have many views/feels from many peoples! Someone said it a dream cue and someone said it like crap. Why?
                        Uniqueness.
                        No person is alike.
                        No cue is alike.
                        Cues are like musical instruments... in the right hands they make beautiful results.

The great cuemakers on the forum would be best to comment not only because they make cues but because they continually assess their cues and their clients' requests and reactions.

All I know is... if the shoe fits... wear it!

=o)

Noel

Comment

It is like women.
                          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                            It is like women.
                            Does that mean cues will have their time of the month and become emotional???

And if a person collects a lot of cues, does that make him a "womanizer"?

Comment

Originally Posted by spartacus_ck View Post
                              Does that mean cues will have their time of the month and become emotional???

And if a person collects a lot of cues, does that make him a "womanizer"?
                              haha interesting view.... not literally like women... or physically.

different men have different sense of beauty. beauty in one's eyes, might be rubbish in another's... people have different tastes.

and you have to take care of your cue like taking care of ladies, if they get unhappy, your performance gonna be affected.

Comment

Working...
                              X