How to define a cue is good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by spartacus_ck View Post
    And if a person collects a lot of cues, does that make him a "womanizer"?
    No, but if he always tries to sell them, it will make him a

cue pimp.
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
      It is like women.
      THE PUBLIC CUE IS LIKE THE WHORE....

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
        No, but if he always tries to sell them, it will make him a

cue pimp.
        EBAY IS THE FORUM OF PIMP?

Comment

Haha…funny! back to the topic pls.
          On an appearance: Cue like women ok, I accepted.
          How about the cue holding on one’s hand and try several of shots? Also like women?

Comment

Glad to see you are all excited with the mention of the word women.

Well, I think with playability, it really depends on your game. Some people like their cues more front balanced, and some more to the butt end (see the analogy to a woman?). Personally, I think it has something to do with the type of shots a player likes to play.

Some players like a softer shaft, and some likes it stiff (sounds like analogy to the kind of men women like?). I like a softer shaft for spin shots because I do not need to make as much adjustment. But for the long shot and the power stun shots, I like a stiffer shaft.

Something I do not really know how to quantify is the delivery of a cue, somehow, I think some cues are just better than others, and I am not sure why?

For me personally, I feel that a more butt heavy cue helps me to draw the ball better, while a front heavy cue helps me to play my power top. I am not sure if it is just in my head. I think nowadays most cues are balacned around 16-17". I am not talking about the very butt end heavy cues, just within this range of 16 to 17".

This is just how I feel, by no means will this apply to you.

Woudl like to hear the top cue makers explain what makes a cue deliver better, with more response. What do they think about the balance point and taper in relation to playability.
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Synthesizes each opinion, the conclusion is cue is very individual feeling, there’s no absolute right or wrong. But I really not satisfactory that conclusion!

Comment

What do you want?
                That's the way it is my perfect cue could be tat to you. I think quality does show though. There are some cues that are not usually your style but if you can feel the quality you will still like or at least appreciate them.

I would the best cue is one piece, maple or maybe pear so smooth, 58" long, less than 17oz in weight, 29mm butt, 9.25 tip, balance at 17.5-18", graceful taper, medium whip, perfect even splices etc
                Am I right?
                I doubt any body will agree with all the above.

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford View Post
                  I would the best cue is one piece, maple or maybe pear so smooth, 58" long, less than 17oz in weight, 29mm butt, 9.25 tip, balance at 17.5-18", graceful taper, medium whip, perfect even splices etc
                  Am I right?
                  You see it proves a point. Im very different to you Watford, and i believe you are a pool player like myself. My perfect specs are 1 piece maple or ash, 58" long but the rest is completely different with 19oz weight, 28.25 butt, 8.5mm tip, balance at 17-16.5", gotta have one of those sexual tapers lol and a stiff shaft. And again im sure not many will have exactly that.
                  sigpic <---New Website
                  Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

I am a pool player like your self.
                    My cue was really designed to do for both. For just pool I might go lighter still and would maybe think about the tip size.
                    Hardly play snooker now might consider lighter in the future but quite happy with the 9.25 tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by Watford View Post
                      What do you want?
                      That's the way it is my perfect cue could be tat to you. I think quality does show though. There are some cues that are not usually your style but if you can feel the quality you will still like or at least appreciate them.

Am I right?
                      I don’t know, I only thought this conclusion is incomplete and not the question entirety!

Comment

This thread is baffling me??
                        sigpic <---New Website
                        Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                        X