Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your views on Master cues

Hi all,

I have a master cue that I use for snooker and rate it as good as any cue I have seen. Its a 1 pce traditional copy,18.25 oz, 9.5 mm tip, 57inch length and ash shaft.

The splices are faultless, the balance is perfect, the finish is as good as you can get and it is really solid through the shot.

I have had cues by every cue maker you can think of and have a perfect Trevor White that I play 8 ball with and this master cue is as good a cue I have owned or seen.

I must admit though I have only seen a handful of Master cues and was wondering if this is the usual quality they produce or have I just been lucky.

Cheers
    Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

i use to own a custom made 1 pce which i got from ebay, loverly cue, i got it 3/4 and ruined it.

ant found another cue since what plays like that, until i when to craftsman cues other day, i found a 3/4 handmade cue which played great, straight grain, great balance, bought it for 130 with a mini butt.

wouldnt say that all master cues are alike, so av been lucky some what.

Comment

I own a old mastercue, it the same a Mark Allens and dont think i could sell it even if Andrew said he had a buyer with good money..! Fine cues and could not fault them i will even go as far as to saying they are better that some of the crap certain so called british cuemakers are turning out.

Comment

I bought a Master Cue pro butt model last year and am very impressed with the quality and finish. I also think it is up to the professional finishes of Trevor White as I have one of his also. The butt is just a little thin for me but thats my fault for not ordering it thicker.

A very nice cue and people could certainly do a lot worse than owning one of these. Cue and leather case were both well made and well priced.

Cheers

PS I love my TW cue more though

Comment

On the few I have seen, their splices are done very even both top and bottom, and the ash on the few ones I have seen are all quite nice in my opinion. I am surprised in all honestly that they were so inexpensive. I like the finish,too.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Cues should be that cheap assuming lower labour cost and rent in Thailand.

Comment

Price is not always determined by production cost. Computer, cell phones, and a lot of electronic items are now manufactured in China, a country where cost of production is much lower than the UK, Europe, US, and Canada. However, these items are not usually cheaper than those produced else where. I reckon it is because price is determined by supply and demand in the market place, and branding of a product can greatly add preceived value to it.

In the 9 ball pool cue world, it is well known that predator cues are made in China; however, they are still going for over $500USD for a basic cue, over $1000USD for a fancy cue--a shaft alone is about $200USD--and their sales are not slowing down.
              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

matercues are often good - for a while the quality slipped and the joints were badly fitted etc but if you have an older one or a new one they are very good.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Burwat Champ View Post
                  Hi all,

I have a master cue that I use for snooker and rate it as good as any cue I have seen. Its a 1 pce traditional copy,18.25 oz, 9.5 mm tip, 57inch length and ash shaft.

Cheers
                  Hi
                  Could you show me some photos of your traditional copy??
                  It's very important, because I will buy this cue and I'd like to see it.
                  I will buy a 1 pc master cue. How you think is it good idea??

Comment

As with a lot of cuemakers I think the early ones were far better in general. One of the best cues I've had was a machine spliced Mark Williams replica about 9 years ago. Really regret selling it, knocked in my only century with it. I've bought and sold quite a few since but none have been as good, some good, some poor

Comment

Working...
                    X