Brass Monkeys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brass Monkeys!

Just a question mainly for the cue experts,we all know how heat can damage your cue but how much damage if any does the cold do?
    I.e is it fine for your cue to be in a very cool room for example ?
    :snooker:

Errrr....how cold is cold??? U mean in an air-conditioned room? Or are u planning to keep ur cues in a freezer???

Comment

Well if I keep my cue in the house, my two year old daughter is likely to get it out the case and play the drums with it ,so instead I leave it out in the outhouse(in a case obviously). It does get cold out there ,not too damp ,but say 3 or 4 degrees .Its just that its a real old precious one piece and I dont want to do any damage to it by letting it get too cold too much.

Comment

I think you should try and avoid any extremes in temperature, ie hot or cold, it's no good for the wood. As far as i am aware it is sudden changes in temperature that are bad, so if you kept it outside whenever you play that is quite a sudden change in temperature for the wood and it may become unstable

Comment

Originally Posted by bonoman1970 View Post
          Well if I keep my cue in the house, my two year old daughter is likely to get it out the case and play the drums with it
          A two-year old girl playing drums with a one piece cue ??? Now I'm impressed . It'll even put Ringo to shame.

Comment

[QUOTE=bonoman1970;332222]Well if I keep my cue in the house, my two year old daughter is likely to get it out the case and play the drums with it [QUOTE]

LOL glad im not the only one with a wannabe ringo using my trevor white ive now cured the problem and bought her a 40" bar billiard cue ,which i will endevour to teach her the art of snooker and pool
            (which means ill have to buy a table )
            http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

Originally Posted by bonoman1970 View Post
              Just a question mainly for the cue experts,we all know how heat can damage your cue but how much damage if any does the cold do?
              I.e is it fine for your cue to be in a very cool room for example ?
              :snooker:

I keep all my cues together in the coolest room in the house, (the cupboard under the stairs) it seems to stay cool all year round even in the summer.
              15 yrs & a collection in excess of 20 cues & no problems here.

Try to avoid a big change in temp as this will destroy your cue! "warping"

never keep your cue in the boot of a car overnight as an example, then transfer it to a warm house in the morning! especially at this time of year.
              don't miss!

Comment

Working...
              X