No announcement yet.

Ryan Day's Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speaking of the finalists cues, Does anybody know if Higgins still plays with his North West cue which he won the WC with? Thanks
    Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

Originally Posted by Asi View Post
      speaking of the finalists cues, Does anybody know if Higgins still plays with his North West cue which he won the WC with? Thanks
      Yes.....he is still using that same cue
      'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Originally Posted by scoo24 View Post
        Mine's a one piece JP Ultimate, 58 1/4 inch, 9.5 mm ferrule & a 30 mm butt. You could try it before changing specs
        Thanks for the invitation, might take you up on that :snooker:
        Welsh Is Best

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
          I can confirm the cue is not only a Trevor White cue BUT it used to be Trevors actual personal playing cue.

Oldgit

What Mike (Oldgit) says above is true.

I gave this cue to Ryan some years ago after he'd lost his own travelling back from a tournament on a friday evening. He had to play in a Pro-qualifying tournament on the coming Tuesday after losing his cue, and, as he knew he liked my cue from the days of playing together, borrowed it to see how he got on.

He won several matches in the event, making a stack of huge scores on the way to the final which he lost to Scott McKenzie if my memory serves me right, so, I thought it was only right he kept it and carried on where he'd left off with the cue. It was far more important to Ryan than it was to me, and anyway, I could always build another.

The thing is, the cue that Oldgit now has was also my own cue, and, it is an almost carbon copy of the cue Ryan now uses. So, my advice to Oldgit is to hide it well if Ryan loses another cue, because I will tell him where his spare cue is hiding.

Be afraid Mike....

Comment

Lovely story
            sigpic <---New Website
            Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
              What Mike (Oldgit) says above is true.

I gave this cue to Ryan some years ago after he'd lost his own travelling back from a tournament on a friday evening. He had to play in a Pro-qualifying tournament on the coming Tuesday after losing his cue, and, as he knew he liked my cue from the days of playing together, borrowed it to see how he got on.

He won several matches in the event, making a stack of huge scores on the way to the final which he lost to Scott McKenzie if my memory serves me right, so, I thought it was only right he kept it and carried on where he'd left off with the cue. It was far more important to Ryan than it was to me, and anyway, I could always build another.

The thing is, the cue that Oldgit now has was also my own cue, and, it is an almost carbon copy of the cue Ryan now uses. So, my advice to Oldgit is to hide it well if Ryan loses another cue, because I will tell him where his spare cue is hiding.

Be afraid Mike....
              Having seen the size of Ryan (hands like shovels!!) and his Dad (who looked like someone out of The Sopranos) then I think I have an easy decision, if Ryan wants the cue then its his!! Simple!!
              'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Dennis Taylor seemed obsessed with his cue on commentary all weekend. Mentioned the tip size and how he seems to get so much spin on the cue ball, then saying it was a 10mm tip, nearly all players use 10mm tips eh Dennis!

So what is the spec of his cue then, Dennis said on the evening session that it was in fact 9.25mm, I don't trust anything they say though?

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
                  Having seen the size of Ryan (hands like shovels!!) and his Dad (who looked like someone out of The Sopranos) then I think I have an easy decision, if Ryan wants the cue then its his!! Simple!!
                  plus mike with that little advert from trevor the value of that cue has just shot up.......
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Forever the businessman Andrew !

Comment

its my job
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Son of Cliff View Post
                        Thanks for the invitation, might take you up on that :snooker:
                        No worries, I'd be glad to help you decide
                        Give'em hell, Mark :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                          Dennis Taylor seemed obsessed with his cue on commentary all weekend. Mentioned the tip size and how he seems to get so much spin on the cue ball, then saying it was a 10mm tip, nearly all players use 10mm tips eh Dennis!

So what is the spec of his cue then, Dennis said on the evening session that it was in fact 9.25mm, I don't trust anything they say though?

57.5" long - 9.25mm (ish) ferrule - 29mm butt - 17.25oz's.

Comment

Oh yeh, and in my earlier post, I said Ryan had lost that final he played to Scott McKenzie, when I think it was actually Leo Fernandez.

I think Ryan had played Scott McKenzie in an earlier round, winning 5 - 0 with three 100's a 90 and an 80, or something stupid like that. With two of the 100's made being over 140.

That gives some idea how he got on with the cue after two days practise with it.

I heard Mike was doing similar stuff after two days with his cue........ha.

Comment

All said and done Ryan is a class act... and i think if he plays like he did for for the rest of the season he is worth a punt for the World Champion..

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
                                Oh yeh, and in my earlier post, I said Ryan had lost that final he played to Scott McKenzie, when I think it was actually Leo Fernandez.

I think Ryan had played Scott McKenzie in an earlier round, winning 5 - 0 with three 100's a 90 and an 80, or something stupid like that. With two of the 100's made being over 140.

That gives some idea how he got on with the cue after two days practise with it.

I heard Mike was doing similar stuff after two days with his cue........ha.
                                Very true!! After two days I was getting back to back 147s and even got a 155 break but then the alarm clock woke me up!!

Oldgit
                                'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Working...
                                X