Riley Burwat ltd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riley Burwat ltd.

When did Riley start using the name Burwat ? or what did it mean to there cues, were they better made ? Can anybody help..?

"Burwat" was a brand name used by Burroughes & Watts on a range of products continuously from at least 1908 (my earliest reference) until they ceased trading. Riley Burwat Ltd. was a company formed in the early part of 1967 as an amalgamation of the manufacturing and maintenance departments of E. J. Riley Ltd and Burroughes & Watts Ltd. However, the company had only been formed a few months before Burroughes & Watts went into liquidation and Riley's took over their assets in this area, the company becoming wholly owned by Rileys.

So in answer to your question: if you see "Burwat" referenced by itself, it could be an item up made between 1908 and 1967, and Riley Burwat would be after this date. For both companies, the brand name seems to have been used throughout the range of their products and has no particular connection to the quality of the item.

Comment

Your a well of knowledge, thanks for the info.....

Comment

My dad has a 70s one there alright. McCulloch's cue is one. Riley I think still make a Burwat it's one of there better ones.
        It's funny when someone is trading as Burroughes & Watts now and Riley still use burwat.

Comment

Working...
        X