Cue Joints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue Joints

Does anyone know of a firm who manufacture cue joints. I am looking to try to get a couple.

Thanks for any help.

a couple as in 2 just for your own use?

try ringing any cue maker and i'm sure they'll be able to sell you a couple.

try craftsman in leeds or trevs1 or mike wooldridge on here.

alternatively 1-klik i think on here makes his own.

are you making your own cue or just repairing one?
    http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Try craftsman cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post
        Does anyone know of a firm who manufacture cue joints. I am looking to try to get a couple.

Thanks for any help.
        Hi
        Please PM me your address and I will post you a couple FOC. I don't make them myself, they are made in Germany, but I have snooker joints in stock. American pool cue joints and Carom cue joints are held in Germany.

Comment

Originally Posted by jb134 View Post

Thanks for any help.
          Yellow pages, ENGINEERS , most will make you a joint in solid brass,
          with either a standard thread or excuse the term ba*tard thread of your spec.

failing that, if you only want a couple, ask any mainstream manufacturer, craftsman/cuecraft, etc.
          don't miss!

Comment

Originally Posted by kevy62 View Post
            Yellow pages, ENGINEERS , most will make you a joint in solid brass,
            with either a standard thread or excuse the term ba*tard thread of your spec.

failing that, if you only want a couple, ask any mainstream manufacturer, craftsman/cuecraft, etc.
            I've sent him some :snooker:

Comment

Craftman sell them on the website or ebay shop but those klick joints of stans are getting mentioned a bit lately!

Comment

Originally Posted by stan-mullin View Post
                I've sent him some :snooker:
                thats jolly decent of you old chap!

are your joints a cam lock joint?

sorry i'm asking as i can't seem to find any info on your joint
                don't miss!

Comment

Originally Posted by kevy62 View Post
                  thats jolly decent of you old chap!

Have a look at the website www.1klik.co.uk if you want samples PM me your address.

It has three locking points like a cam, but the problem with cams is they tend to lock on one point making the joint out of line. With mine it has a unique self alignment feature which forces the joint to lock on all three positions.
                  I have just made an extender based on the same 1Klik technology which will available shortly, and even if I do say so myself it is amazing

Comment

Originally posted by kevy62 thats jolly decent of you old chap!

Originally Posted by stan-mullin View Post
                    Have a look at the website www.1klik.co.uk if you want samples PM me your address.

It has three locking points like a cam, but the problem with cams is they tend to lock on one point making the joint out of line. With mine it has a unique self alignment feature which forces the joint to lock on all three positions.
                    I have just made an extender based on the same 1Klik technology which will available shortly, and even if I do say so myself it is amazing
                    once more a very decent offer from you Stan, many thanks for the link, but I no longer have access to the type of tooling required for the consistant manufacture & production of cues to a level of quality/precision I would require.

I do have a handful of cues I am working on at present & one of those will need a 3/4 joint replaced, but on this particular cue, I must use the original makers joint I'm afraid.

I do have another question about your joint, if that's ok?

what is the total weight of the complete joint?

Can it be cut down small enough to be used as a mini-butt joint ?
                    don't miss!

Comment

I will weigh one for you and let you know when I get back to work. Most of the weight is in the flanges like all snooker joints. They can be cut down to be used as a mini butt extension if required. I will be making some pin and insert style joints for a new customer in the next couple of weeks, I have been very busy working on the cue extender for the last month, now that it is finished, I am getting round to sending samples and starting new projects.
                      Everybody who has asked me questions over the last 2 months, or asked for samples, please send me a new message and I will do as asked :-)

Comment

cheers Stan...
                        don't miss!

Comment

Hi Stan Id just like to say the 1 klik cue joint looks an impressive design for the cue sports market, the only concern I have is the exposed wood around the joint. With the current joints used in cues today they all have a plate type fitting that protects the butt and shaft. Could there be a possibility of an additional 1 klik joint in the future that includes the plates?
                          I do think its great you get the look of a one piece cue with the 1 klik joint though, keep up the good work. Cheers Daz.

Comment

Originally Posted by dazzel View Post
                            Hi Stan Id just like to say the 1 klik cue joint looks an impressive design for the cue sports market, the only concern I have is the exposed wood around the joint. With the current joints used in cues today they all have a plate type fitting that protects the butt and shaft. Could there be a possibility of an additional 1 klik joint in the future that includes the plates?
                            I do think its great you get the look of a one piece cue with the 1 klik joint though, keep up the good work. Cheers Daz.
                            Hi Daz

The joints I have made for the snooker industry have the the 30mm plates, the cuemaker can then turn them down to size. It does work well with the plates removed giving the wood to wood connection, due to the nature of the joint it doesn't put any stress on the wood.
                            The animation on the website was done by my web designer, and is a general 'cue' design do show the joint in action.

cheers

Stan

Comment

Working...
                            X