What glue is best for tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
    I use some blades made in Sherfield, UK, it is very good. I have like hundreds of them. Usually, I discard one after doing may be 3 tips or so.
    They are quite pricey to buy, but really really good quality.
    I use them to trim and sometimes shape the tip,too.
    I forgot what they are called, they are made to be used with a little tool as a cutter. But I just use the blade on its own.
    Some blades are too soft and they bend and chip. I like a stiff and sharp blade for the job. You can also use the blade to check if the ferrule is faced properly before you glue the tip on.
    Bit over the top, a good Stanley knife will do the job well :snooker: and they last for ages.
    Welsh Is Best

Comment

i don't like stanleys - blade is too thick.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Son of Cliff,
        You know some blade that can last ages? What is it made of? I would like to know where to get some. Almost everything I have tried became dull after a while.

ADR147,
        what is Stanleys?
        I dont like thick blades, and I hate dull blades.
        Last edited by poolqjunkie; 14 November 2008, 09:41 PM.
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Sometimes, although the side is flashed with the ferrule, but when you look at the edge, you will see that it is done at an angle at different places.
          I have found this to be a problem especially with thick blades when the person tends to cut the tip inward.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
          X