My new Wooldridge Pro2 :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Wooldridge Pro2 :)

This arrived for me yesterday, what a fantastic cue!

I've been playing with a Peradon 60", 21oz cue for 6 years but I haven't really been improving as much as i would have liked. So I thought id change cue for a more standard size. So I went for this, 58", 18.5oz everything else standard size...

Well as i said it arrived yesterday and funnily enough i had a league match so decided to try it out straight away.... the 'feel' of the cue is fantastic. just feels so comfortable when cueing... first practice frame wasn't pretty, very scrappy and it was hard to adjust to the new size, second frame was a bit better but still no breaks

Anyway straight to the league match and I played amazing with it lol won both my frames in very convincing fashion, highest break was 32 which is a bit 'meh' but I was happy considering my short time with the cue!

All in all very happy with the cue!

My Flickr

I know actually what you're saying - I changed from a Heritage machine made cue to a Wooldridge Pro3 - there is a huge difference. Give it a few months to learn how to play standard shots again...

Comment

What is the wood for the splice on the butt?

Comment

Looks like a CC-02 with burrwood and triple veneers to me
        sigpic <---New Website
        Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

hello harv...now how much did this beauty cost?

Comment

Originally Posted by dantuck_7 View Post
            Give it a few months to learn how to play standard shots again...
            Good point.
            I'm in that process myself right now... my Wooldridge cue is schooling me!!!!

Excellent cue - totally worth the adjustment.

=o)

Noel

Comment

You're not wrong regarding learning to play again lol
              My Flickr

Comment

It looks a lovely cue, i'm glad you like it!

Comment

Beautiful cue. Do let us know how you get on with it. How are you adjusting to the change in cue length ? You are 6'5" aren't you ?

If you don't mind can you tell us how much it cost you ?
                  "We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo

Comment

Hey Tallguy,
                    How did you get along with ur new customized O'min cue?
                    still trying or getting along with it well?
                    Maybe u can show ur a pic of ur cue?

Comment

Ok a small update now ive been using this for a while..

I'm playing really well in practice now. I've changed my cue action too, now using a pause before delivering the cue, which is what i should of done anyway but its hard to do with a long cue. I'm scoring quite heavily once in the balls

Long pots arn't going in as much and im not winning as much as i should in league matches but this will come the more I use it. Still very impressed!
                      My Flickr

Comment

Originally Posted by Harv View Post
                        Ok a small update now ive been using this for a while..

I'm playing really well in practice now. I've changed my cue action too, now using a pause before delivering the cue, which is what i should of done anyway but its hard to do with a long cue. I'm scoring quite heavily once in the balls

Long pots arn't going in as much and im not winning as much as i should in league matches but this will come the more I use it. Still very impressed!
                        big bump lol

year on and my long pots are still not great, unless its long straight ones (odd)

BUT in the league this year i've played 12 lost 1 so im happy
                        My Flickr

Comment

Harv...
                          How are you finding the change from 20 to 18.5?
                          Is it a big adjustment for you... better?

=o)

Noel

Comment

Hey, it took a while to get used to but i much prefer it now. Took a while to get usd to the feel, weight etc but I wouldn't go back
                            My Flickr

Comment

every new cue need adaptation from ourself. usually 4-6 weeks. Just say its you to adapt the cue not the cue adapt to you. Me my self take 6 weeks to adapt the new cue if you can feel the cue...you can screw back as long as you want not 6 inches. the cueball will curve in angle shot when you screw. If you cannot means still need time to get the feel of the cue.

Comment

Working...
                              X