3/4, 1/2 or?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/4, 1/2 or?

what are the differences in playing with 3/4 jointed or 1/2 jointed cues?

lots of people sewear by a onepiece but i think if a cue is jointed well there is no real difference !
    i loved my wooldridge 1 piece cue but had it jointed as i was knocking my case all the time, and now i still use a 3/4 cue and am playing better than ever with it !
    apart from loosing my first three league games for the first time ever !

Comment

Originally Posted by cacabunjas View Post
      i loved my wooldridge 1 piece cue but had it jointed as i was knocking my case all the time
      storage is all that matters to me. have a 1/2 and always have had. simply because i can't be arsed with the bigger case
      Fantasy Game Overall Winner 09/10 - World Championship 2009 Fantasy Game Winner - Seasonlong Prediction Contest Overall Winner 09/10 - Seasonlong Prediction Contest Runner-Up 08/09 - UK Championship 2010 Prediction Contest Winner - Rileys @ Chorlton Pool Team Merit Winner 07/08, 09/10:snooker:

Comment

thanks so far guys! no more opinions?

Comment

One piece have a different feel, you just get a better idea of what’s going on.
          As I've said before to quote me Dad.
          'If the cue was any good the bloke who made it wouldn't saw it in half'

Two piece cues because of the joint I think lose some feel but the ease of carrying is massive and if you like a stiff cue it's all good. I think the joint makes it less prone to warping.

I don't get 3/4, now all the down sides of a 2 piece without the compact carry case.
          Some people might say you keep the shaft in one bit so it retains the feel while reducing size and gives lots of options for extensions.

I think the butt joint has taken away quite a lot of the need for 3/4.

I say 1 piece is best but especially if on public transport a lot go for the 2.
          Down with the 3/4!

Comment

Completely agree with Watford here, I have never understood the point in a 3/4.
            “There are a lot of good players capable of winning the title but as long as I’m still in it they’ve got a headache.” Stephen Hendry

Comment

Working...
            X