Fitting a butt joint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting a butt joint

is there someone in scotland that i could send my cue to for the butt to have a thread in it and also for them to make me a 6 or 7inch extention to thread in the butt...

thanks in advance..
    Last edited by warren132; 15 November 2008, 07:40 PM.
    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
    is there someone in scotland that i could send my cue to for the butt to have a thread in it and also for them to make me a 6 or 7inch extention to thread in the butt...

thanks in advance..
    Watch what you don't spoil the balance of your cue :snooker: the extra weight of the joint, might make your cue not right for you.
    Welsh Is Best

Comment

I will be making some butt joints in aluminium in the next month or so, ideal if you are worried about the balance of your cue.

Comment

What sort of weight would an aluminium joint add to the cue then?
        I'm just wondering because I would like to do the same but I musnt change the balance too much.

Comment

Originally Posted by bonoman1970 View Post
          What sort of weight would an aluminium joint add to the cue then?
          I'm just wondering because I would like to do the same but I musnt change the balance too much.
          Aproximately 4-5 grams, 0.141-0.176 ozs

I have made production ones for Carom cues in ali, but I think making them for snooker mini butts is ideal for retro fit. The normal 1 Klik brass male is then used for the actual mini butt.

Comment

Hey stan would ali be ok for a thread ? what i mean is....ali is soft what would happen if you were to over tighten your joint..? but it sounds like you know your stuff so i guess id would be ok...
            Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
              Hey stan would ali be ok for a thread ? what i mean is....ali is soft what would happen if you were to over tighten your joint..? but it sounds like you know your stuff so i guess id would be ok...
              Yes Ali is soft, but I use a special anaodising process which case hardens it. This is probably not suitable for a threaded joint, but the 1 Klik has no threads.

Comment

Working...
              X