Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrule Removing & Fitting

Hi everyone,

I started this thread to find out how i go about removing and replacing a ferrule. My tip is 9.9mm and the ferrule is no longer level. Ive messaged Parris Cues for a quote but if it isnt worth it, how do I go about it if there is an alternative.

how do i go about doing this?

Many thanks for any replies in advance,

Nicholas

All I can say is that a ferrule can be levelled without getting a new one.

ADR147 or other cue makers can help you here more than me!

Comment

the first question is where do you live, because its delivery not the job that makes it expensive.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
        Hi everyone,

I started this thread to find out how i go about removing and replacing a ferrule. My tip is 9.9mm and the ferrule is no longer level. Ive messaged Parris Cues for a quote but if it isnt worth it, how do I go about it if there is an alternative.

how do i go about doing this?

Many thanks for any replies in advance,

Nicholas
        I did this myself on my other John Parris cue before--I just heated the ferrule and it came out, then I glued a new one on with epoxy, waited 24 hours, trimmed it and faced it and it was done.

It the ferrule is not flat, you can have it refaced without replacing it.

I had to do mine because it came loose.
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Hi andrew. Im from south london. hence the reason why i email john parris first as im only a couple minutes on the bus to him. but the guy over charges everything i try to get a quote for.

Comment

are you near Tooting ?

Comment

Hi andrew. Im from south london. hence the reason why i email john parris first as im only a couple minutes on the bus to him. but the guy over charges everything i try to get a quote for.
              then just get john to do it - it does not take long and he is only going to charge you £10-£20 at he very most.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

thanks andrew. will go there then.

Hi Platt. Im in Brockley just off forest hill. Ive been meaning to go to see Robert Osbourne but never got round to it.

The Girlfriend is from Brixton so Tooting isnt too far off. Perhaps soon lol.

Comment

good stuff any of them will sort it for you fairly quickly..

Comment

Hi Platt. Are u based in Ireland? Or are you around London?

Comment

Northern Ireland but lived in Wandsworth for a while, so know the area fairly well.

Comment

Why don't you visit him?

Comment

Originally Posted by bongo View Post
                          Why don't you visit him?
                          been there afew times. i rather just know the price before going to visit him. thats just me though

Comment

been there afew times. i rather just know the price before going to visit him. thats just me though
                            Is his shop any good?

Comment

Originally Posted by bongo View Post
                              Is his shop any good?
                              honestly, its not too great. hes got a rotating rack with some cues which you can buy from.

He has the classic with or without the SD joint. I saw a couple of the ambassador models and the champion model.

also has a cabinet with some tips and accessories as well as another cabinet with MBS cues.

on one of the walls he had a 1/2 split traditional model in like a cue rack.

and a small table where you can try the cues but i cant seem to get a feel on a table so small although the balls and pockets are from a full size table.

werent that impressed either because he had a cue in there which was randomly leaning in a corner at around 45 degrees which must've been custom made.

a very very small place as wel, just smaller than a double bedroom but does have a cosy feel with signatures and pictures with many pros from the 80s lol.

sorry for the essay

Comment

Working...
                              X