Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
    Mike,
    What kind of super glue would you sue for a job like this, and how would you go by doing it
    anything i can get my hands on. preferably for 50p down the local market

if you dont mind me asking?
    yes i do. good day sir!

Do you use an accelerator?
    no but have done. it's a handy product.

Could you please share with us how do you deal with it sometimes being a bit more shinny and sometimes fogging up?
    Thank you.
    i don't deal with it. i worry and can't sleep at night

and then i avoid using accelerator and allowing any moisture to fog the glue
    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Oh, while we are on this topic about gluelines and superglue etc etc.

As Mike said, superglues can be used to treat issues such as these no problem, but, when I told Jay that..... "it was not something he should, or maybe even could do." It was because in my view, as a new cue, he should expect it to be right, without issues and not in need of ANY repair or remedial work. Also, although it IS easy to repair a fault such as this, it's not something everyone could do well, from start to finish. I would not feel as comfortable with offering a replacement cue to someone who had tried to do any repair or alteration work to a cue I'd made, only to cause more of a problem.

To reply to Mattyshinobi's post earlier also.....

Although gluelines CAN be seen on some cues, it is not acceptable for them to be open, where they appear to be like small cracks in the shaft splices. If this is there to see on a cue, then it is a fault, even though it might be a very small one.

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
        Just to clarify for everyone interested......

This was a cue I made for Jay, it was done as a replacement for the original cue I made him to his specs. We'd discussed these specs in some detail, and, although I suggested something closer to the second cue made, he decided he wanted to give his idea a go.

This second cue was offered as a free replacement not because there were any faults with the first cue, but, more due to the fact that I wanted him to feel happy with what he'd got from me. There was no charge for this second cue and I covered the cost of shipping to the USA. It was done purely as a goodwill gesture towards Jay.

Now, as for this particular cue being discussed, there is catagorically no way I'd send a cue out with this, or any other noticeable defect knowingly. I am certain that the issues with the gluelines on the shaft splices were not present when the cue left me, so, something has happened to it during transit, although I can't say what that is for sure.

I have told Jay that he can use the cue until I build another for him as soon as possible, and, that I will cover any cost of shipping back the the UK, and also, the cost of shipping the new replacement to the USA.

I have offered him my sincere apologies and we have straightened this out, as in my view, it's simply not good enough at all and I am equally as disappointed as he is, if not more so.

So there we have it, it goes to show that things can and do go wrong for any of us.

aaaah, it all becomes clear....

excellent service trevor. and points well made.

what a difference in attitude compared to other recent posts....

p.s what glue did you use for the splices cos it's quite an extreme 'opening'?
        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Although gluelines CAN be seen on some cues, it is not acceptable for them to be open, where they appear to be like small cracks in the shaft splices. If this is there to see on a cue, then it is a fault, even though it might be a very small one.
          well said. i was gonna mention that earlier but forgot. it is a common 'fault' dismissed by many makers as 'normal'. it is not. or at least does not have to be.
          The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

my tip would be pack the next one in newspaper it protects it from the temp changes.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I also pack Silca gel packs with cues. Stops any unwanted moisture dead. Just a tip.

Personally i do it with fibreglass resin with black pigment as it goes a solid black rather than clear like superglue. Goes absolutly invisable and can be sanded easily. Thing is you have to be dam quick as goes rock hard in minutes. Best way to do it ive found is to get a scalpel and dip it into the resin and dribble it in and let it set. If it needs more you just apply till the crack is filled then sand to finish.
              sigpic <---New Website
              Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

Thanks Trevor, I think that I've made a right choice at the very beginning by asking you to make me a custom cue.

I believe most of people here know about your reputation of making cues, and many of them have their cues made by you, also some still waiting for their cues to arrive. So, there is no need to mention how good your work is, as many people said your work is "second to none"

My point is besides the late email/pm replies (sometime disappeared for while), your after sale customer service REALLY REALLY impressed me, I would rate the service as "second to none" too, and strongly recommended to others.

Have to stop here, because it sounds like i'm advertizing for you, eventhough i'm telling the truth, and for those who are hesitating to purchase a custom cue, Trevor will definitely get my vote.
                Last edited by jayhoming; 1 December 2008, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Trevor,
                  I am so impressed that you are even offering to cover the shipping cost, and everything else. It goes to show how you really take pride in your work, and how much you truly value your customers' satisfaction.
                  A true class act.
                  www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                    anything i can get my hands on. preferably for 50p down the local market

yes i do. good day sir!

no but have done. it's a handy product.

i don't deal with it. i worry and can't sleep at night

and then i avoid using accelerator and allowing any moisture to fog the glue
                    LOL
                    Thanks.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Trevor... YOU ROCK!

=o)

Noel
                      Just to clarify for everyone interested......

This was a cue I made for Jay, it was done as a replacement for the original cue I made him to his specs. We'd discussed these specs in some detail, and, although I suggested something closer to the second cue made, he decided he wanted to give his idea a go.

This second cue was offered as a free replacement not because there were any faults with the first cue, but, more due to the fact that I wanted him to feel happy with what he'd got from me. There was no charge for this second cue and I covered the cost of shipping to the USA. It was done purely as a goodwill gesture towards Jay.

Now, as for this particular cue being discussed, there is catagorically no way I'd send a cue out with this, or any other noticeable defect knowingly. I am certain that the issues with the gluelines on the shaft splices were not present when the cue left me, so, something has happened to it during transit, although I can't say what that is for sure.

I have told Jay that he can use the cue until I build another for him as soon as possible, and, that I will cover any cost of shipping back the the UK, and also, the cost of shipping the new replacement to the USA.

I have offered him my sincere apologies and we have straightened this out, as in my view, it's simply not good enough at all and I am equally as disappointed as he is, if not more so.

So there we have it, it goes to show that things can and do go wrong for any of us.

Comment

Working...
                      X