X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi do you still have the riley dufferin maple cue? regards reini

Comment

Riley Dufferin Cue

Hi everybody! I am looking for the riley dufferin steve davis maple 1 piece cue! can anyone help me? regards reini

Comment

No i don't have one, not sure where to ge one either. All I know is that, that wasn't the cue that Kirk used.

Comment

My apologies a Dufferin cue was one of the cues he used.

Comment

Snooker girl

The cue in the photo looks to me like a Dufferin Trophy cue. They aren't made anymore since Dufferin isn't in business any more. I used to have one, never liked it much, not a well balanced cue. If you really want a top top Canadian cue, see if you can find an old Tom Gauthier cue, he was by far the best Canadian cue maker. He passed away a few years ago, and anyone who has one of his cues won't likely want to part with it since the workmanship on these cues is just amazing, but IF you can find one, go for it. The best of the current Canadian cue makers is a fellow named Kevin De Roo, his cues are very well made, but very expensive, I play with one of his cues, but I'm lookiing to sell it so I can get a Tevor White.:snooker:
            sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by CTquick147 View Post
              Snooker girl

The cue in the photo looks to me like a Dufferin Trophy cue. They aren't made anymore since Dufferin isn't in business any more. I used to have one, never liked it much, not a well balanced cue. If you really want a top top Canadian cue, see if you can find an old Tom Gauthier cue, he was by far the best Canadian cue maker. He passed away a few years ago, and anyone who has one of his cues won't likely want to part with it since the workmanship on these cues is just amazing, but IF you can find one, go for it. The best of the current Canadian cue makers is a fellow named Kevin De Roo, his cues are very well made, but very expensive, I play with one of his cues, but I'm lookiing to sell it so I can get a Tevor White.:snooker:
              If I could replace my Marcel Jacques cue, which was stolen 12 years ago, I'd be thrilled to bits...

=o)

Noel

Comment

I have a 2 piece Riley Duffern Steve Davis Aristocrat cue that i recently stripped and refinished if anyone is interested?

Maple shaft then birdseye maple forearm with machine spliced macassar (And its real macassar) then 4 pt small splice maple. About 18oz, 58" 9.5mm tip if i can remember rightly. Has a red material join that ive not seen before.
                Last edited by totlxtc; 18 January 2009, 03:45 AM.
                sigpic <---New Website
                Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

Riley Dufferin

Thanks but i need the 1 piece riley dufferin steve davis cue that peter ebdon plays!

Comment

Originally Posted by CTquick147 View Post
                    Snooker girl

Absolutely correct CT. Guathier was the man and his cues are legendary. PM me about your Deroo cue. I'm in Vancouver like you
                    Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                    My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

That is not a trophy. The joint is metal in that picture.
                      I think it is just a Dufferin cue.
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Just want to add that for those who likes to talk about "trophy" cues, there are two types, Brunswick trophy and Dufferin trophy. I do nto have the data at hands, and I am too tired to look now, but if my memory serves me correctly, Brunswick trophy stopped being made in around the 60's. I do believe some were also made overseas at the end of its production, like most the Brunswick cues were at that time.

I have seen a few of the early Brunswick, such as the Brunswick professional snooker cue, the Master Stroke,and the trophy. One trophy only had "Brunswick trophy" printed on the butt, but another one I saw had a big green label and was pretty well made. The professional snooker cue looked like a trophy, but was a higher model, with veneers on the points.

The Dufferin trophy are just basically copies of the Brunswick trophy. They are very simple plain cues.

The taper on the Dufferin trophy and that on the Brunswick trophy are very different. The pin on the Brunswick trophy cues are quite a bit longer than the Dufferin trophy. The points are also cut a bit differently especially at the end. But the biggest difference is the taper of the shaft in my opinion.

The cue in that picture of Kirk Steven looks nothing like a trophy. As a matter of fact, it looks to me like a cheap Dufferin cue with one of those aluminum joint and it looks quite short.
                        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                        X