my ferrel has come loose is there anything that can be done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my ferrel has come loose is there anything that can be done

hello mates,my ferrel has come loose is there anything that can be done? thanks for your help.

Ferrule problem can easily be corrected. I shortened my cue by half an inch recently and put a new ferrule on it myself.If u know the procedure then u can do it yourself or I will suggest you to take it to nearest cue repair shop.It will only take 15-20 mins to get a new ferrule on it or just get the old one tightened.It will cost you around 5-10 pounds.
    My deep screw shot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Have you tried to play without any ferrule, just the tip on wood?
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
        Have you tried to play without any ferrule, just the tip on wood?
        actually that's not as mad a suggestion as it first appears

it'll feel great. BUT, the wood WILL split eventually. ferrules protect the wood. i'd advise it.
        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post

it'll feel great. BUT, the wood WILL split eventually. ferrules protect the wood. i'd advise it.
          Have you tried to protect the wood with a pad, so just a tip, on a pad, on the wood?

I am not sure if it would work in the long run, but the way I see it, if it splits, it is a easy fix to put a ferrule on. I am thinking on trying it, I think the hit would be nice.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

the wood WILL split eventually. ferrules protect the wood. i'd advise it.
            I'm not a chippie like Mike is but that sounds like good advice to me ...

Comment

How bout a ferrule made from ebony instead or other tough wood - like lignum vitae?

Comment

Working...
              X