Hendry Snooker Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hendry Snooker Cue

As we know, Hendry completely dominated snooker in the 1990s. Getting to 8 World Finals in that decade, 6 UK Finals and 7 Masters Finals winning most of them.

Aswell as this, Hendry made maximums and many century breaks with lethal long potting.

But.

Perhaps the most remarkable thing about Hendry in my opinion is the cue he used to achieve these feats. It was slightly bent, looked very weak and light quite a old battered looking thing. Yet its a cue which he completely dominated the game with. You can see, just by looking at it, it didnt look very good.

How he made so many great shots with it I think is truly remarkable. In the hands of any other player bar O'Sullivan In my opinion no one would have been capable of playing much with it.

He later had it modified in about 2001/2002 making it slightly more heavier. (Heavier cues make power shots a bit easier). A lighter cue is generally considered "weak" where power shots can be alot more difficult.

Do you agree As we know, Hendry completely dominated snooker in the 1990s. Getting to 8 World Finals in that decade, 6 UK Finals and 7 Masters Finals winning most of them.

Aswell as this, Hendry made maximums and many century breaks with lethal long potting.

But.

Perhaps the most remarkable thing about Hendry in my opinion is the cue he used to achieve these feats. It was slightly bent, looked very weak and light quite a old battered looking thing. Yet its a cue which he completely dominated the game with. You can see, just by looking at it, it didnt look very good.

How he made so many great shots with it I think is truly remarkable. In the hands of any other player bar O'Sullivan In my opinion no one would have been capable of playing much with it.

He later had it modified in about 2001/2002 making it slightly more heavier. (Heavier cues make power shots a bit easier). A lighter cue is generally considered "weak" where power shots can be alot more difficult.

Do you agree?

disagree.... his cue was 18oz yes it was only 20quid when his dad gordon got it for him many moons ago and its not what it looks like that made him play well with it. i beleive that he could have used any cue in his prime and would have still won matches with that.He had a piece added to the bottom of the cue (not for weight but for lenghth) cos his cue shattered at the tip end...weight makes no difference what so ever when playing power shots, Its all in your timming through the shot....i have made a 132 break with a 15 and a half oz cue..my best break to date ! just my opinion....
    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Working...
    X