it this true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it this true?

a friend of mine has a 1pc Hunt cue, and he's about sending it back to England because the weight bolt became loose. I ask him to shoot with his 3/4 JP, and he refused, saying that after playing with the 1pc cue, you won't go back to any joint cues again.

I just wondering if this is true or not. of course, these two cues have similar specs.

I know the main difference between two is that 3/4 cue is easier to carry, but besides that, anyone has more opinions?

by the way, another thing off the topic, anyone here has a Deroo cue? how good is that?

Thanks, have a great day..

I think may be the Hunt just hits much better than the JP for your friend.

How did your friend know that the weight has come loose?
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Well I used to play with a 3/4 cue when I started playing then had a 1 piece and there is no way I'd go back to playing with a jointed cue again. IMO you just get a better feel for the shot and although its probably psychological more than anything I can understand someone saying this.

Comment

speaking of 3/4 vs 1 piece, Does anybody know how many top 16 players use 3/4 and how many use 1 piece? i know ronnie uses 1 piece.
        Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
          I think may be the Hunt just hits much better than the JP for your friend.

How did your friend know that the weight has come loose?
          something moving inside the cue

Comment

Originally Posted by jayhoming View Post
            a friend of mine has a 1pc Hunt cue, and he's about sending it back to England because the weight bolt became loose. I ask him to shoot with his 3/4 JP, and he refused, saying that after playing with the 1pc cue, you won't go back to any joint cues again.

I just wondering if this is true or not. of course, these two cues have similar specs.

I know the main difference between two is that 3/4 cue is easier to carry, but besides that, anyone has more opinions?

by the way, another thing off the topic, anyone here has a Deroo cue? how good is that?

Thanks, have a great day..
            A one piece cue usually has the ash/maple shaft going all the way through to the butt end, and a 3/4 usually has a solid ebony butt, with no ash/maple inside the ebony in the grip area. So technically speaking there could be a difference in terms of feels.

If a cue was made as a one piece, then jointed, then the difference is perhaps only in the additional of the joint.

Some believe a one piece cue is "naturally" balanced and plays better because there is no metal part added but that is simply not true in my opinion. The difference is more in how the ash/maple shaft is spliced to the ebony.
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

in my opinion ive spent loads of cash to eventually go back to my trev one piece has jointed cues arnt as good for feel.

as for not telling the different between the two, if you have used a one piece cue for a while you can tell difference.
              3/4 cues are more likely to be heavyer and balance differently
              i have tried all top cue makers 3/4 cues and my trev one piece doent get beaten for feel and reaction.
              but maybe due to playing with a one piece cue for last 5 yrs am baised

Comment

Originally Posted by Asi View Post
                speaking of 3/4 vs 1 piece, Does anybody know how many top 16 players use 3/4 and how many use 1 piece? i know ronnie uses 1 piece.
                Currently All the top 5 players [ronnie,higgins,maguire,selby,murphy] in the world use 1pc cues and total 10 out of top 16.
                My deep screw shot
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Working...
                X