New cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New cue

I found out the perfect measurements for my cue. (58" - 19oz - 3/4 - 9.7or 9.5tip) My first intention was to buy a JP cue, but they are rather costly.

After some research I looked trough the craftsman cues catalogue. Now I'm faced with a little dilemma.

I really like the design of the Classic Cue (click. But there is a little minus ... "When ordering any Craftsman Classic cue please remember to submit you desired length, weight and tip size. As you can apreciate we can not stock every cue in all possible specificatiions, therefore we will send you the closest specification in stock. Weight may vary 0.5 oz either side of your choice. Tip size may vary by 0.25mm either side of your choice."

My second choise would be the Century cue.

With the first cue I have the impression it could be a cue standing in the shop and therefor some customer could have slightly damaged the cue, and that's not what I want.

Some thoughts on my dilemma?
    WVandeweyer Photography - Trevor White Cues Photo Collection (site)

Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
    I found out the perfect measurements for my cue. (58" - 19oz - 3/4 - 9.7or 9.5tip) My first intention was to buy a JP cue, but they are rather costly.

After some research I looked trough the craftsman cues catalogue. Now I'm faced with a little dilemma.

I really like the design of the Classic Cue (click. But there is a little minus ... "When ordering any Craftsman Classic cue please remember to submit you desired length, weight and tip size. As you can apreciate we can not stock every cue in all possible specificatiions, therefore we will send you the closest specification in stock. Weight may vary 0.5 oz either side of your choice. Tip size may vary by 0.25mm either side of your choice."

With the first cue I have the impression it could be a cue standing in the shop and therefor some customer could have slightly damaged the cue, and that's not what I want.

Hi there,

Based on your measurements given, they are pretty similar to the starndard ones IMO.

First choice: If you can't get the cue made to your "exact" measurements, maybe you should consider other alternatives. However, it sounds like you like that particular cue design and if the Craftsman Cue could get you a cue which is closest to your specification I think you go for it because you can barely even notice the difference.

Second choice: First impression could be wrong and it's always worth having a look at that shop first, you might find something good over there. And if you don't like the cue, you can always go back to your first choice and it's not too late for that.

Hope this helps.
    Luke

Comment

The problem is I live in Belgium. Going to the UK just to buy a cue is a little bit expensive. I gues I'll have to take some risk.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wimm View Post

they would not send a cue out if it were not in perfect order.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

The Classic Cue (+mini-butt) is rather 'cheap' £125; anyone who thinks maybe second choise materials are used?

They haven't replied on my mail yet, so asking them questions is rather difficult.

Comment

no they are good but they are made in thailand and finished in the uk hence price.

Comment

And the Century cue for example is made and finished in the uk?

Comment

the classic range are made in thailand the standard range in the uk.

Comment

Last question before I order the cue. Are they oil finished?

Comment

yes oil and wax.

Comment

Get the utimate Wimm it's the dogs danglers.

Edit... Note the pic attached is very low res,
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by potted; 18 December 2008, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Why bother messing around with cheap muck...get a Parris, Mike W or a Trevor White, Hunt & O B or a Stamford cue...

Comment

Yeah, it keeps getting to me that one day I still want a cue from a true professional. So probably I'll play another few months with my current cue untill I have enough money .

Comment

Originally Posted by 1lawyer View Post
                            Why bother messing around with cheap muck...get a Parris, Mike W or a Trevor White, Hunt & O B or a Stamford cue...
                            cost and skill. If you can't afford a cue for £300 and unpwards then obviously you can't get one. Secondly skill, having a nice cue won't make you play like a professional. Give a professional a cheap cue and they could still beat you hands down.

Comment

Working...
                            X