Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new cue for an ex player

Happy X-mas to all.

I used to play snooker around 4-5years ago, using a Jimmy White edition which i think cost me around 60quid.

Im taking the sport up again and I'd like some advice of cue selection. It has to be an A grade ash, 3 piece, 3/4 cue.

My budget is around £80 - Can anyone pick one out for me please?

What I don;t want is a sticky varnish cue - not nice

thanks!

Originally Posted by Jasonc View Post
    Happy X-mas to all.

I used to play snooker around 4-5years ago, using a Jimmy White edition which i think cost me around 60quid.

Im taking the sport up again and I'd like some advice of cue selection. It has to be an A grade ash, 3 piece, 3/4 cue.

thanks!
    I think you'll be doing quite well to get a grade A oil finish cue for that kind of money mate. But you never know, someone might have something for sale. Have a look in the stuff for sale section.
    Live for the day you're in, tomorrow is just something that may happen

Comment

Thanks for the reply, how is this for a cue/deal? i quite like it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Riley-Pro-...1%7C240%3A1318

Comment

actually, forget that one.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, how is this for a cue/deal? i quite like it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Riley-Pro-...1%7C240%3A1318

Hmmmmmmmmm, Not my bag mate but each to their own.

Item Description

RIL BM4.... 3 piece Matching Grain Ash Cue

" A" Grade Ash shaft - if that's "A" grade then i don't make too much of "A" grade wood

Fantastic Graphics - I've not ever seen many pro's playing with cues with graphics on.

Stunning Blue Pearlised Butt - Pearlised

Weight.........18/19oz APPROX

Tip Size.......... Blue Diamond Tip 9.5mm - the one in the picture ain't a blue diamond. It's a horrible tip made from cardboard.

Performance Ash Shaft

Length..........146cm... (57 1/2")

Precision Machined Rapid Release Joint - I think that's meant to say: mass produced machined joint

9" Smart Extender Seen them and they are painted MDF / cheap wood. The paint comes off after a while

Fantastic Balance.. Anything in life has a balance point.

This cue not only looks the part but plays the part too..Suitable for all level of players..

Make of it what you will mate. I also see that the RRP is £105 on it. Why are they selling £105 of kit for £60 or so? A quality cue will sell itself and i'm a Huge believer that you get what you pay for.

If you play every now and then in your local club over a few pints, making the odd 20+ break hear and there then this'll be fine. If you're wanting to get a cue to start playing in a league and making 40+ breaks then stay well clear of it.

Obviously a cue is a personal item and any decent player will be able to make breaks whatever they're holding. I've seen my mate make 100+ breaks with a house cue and no chalk before today.

My suggestion would be to go down to your local snooker hall or dealer and ask to try a few out. Tell them that you've got £?? to spend and see what they can do for you.

Comment

Here is the same cue mate:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...k-21/ref=nosim

Less that £39 for the cue. The rest of the stuff on offer cna be bought for less than £15 too

Comment

Thanks

unfortunately i live on the isle of man and we have 0 dealers or snooker halls which sell cues.. unfortunately, living on the isle of man is a bit usless for retail.. for example, the closest shop we have is intersport and all of the cues are at least double the price of online, no case and are just leant against a wall in the shop.... so u can see why ur comments are so important lol.

Ive spotted a cue which i like, and think is good value for money.

Peradon Lazer Three Quarter Jointed Snooker Cue
              http://www.johnparrottcuesports.com/...hp?id=32&cat=4

thanks

Comment

Ah yes, I've spent some time in the IOM when spannering on the TT. Stayed in Ballywattleworth estate in Peel, great local pub though!!!

Anyway, That Peradon cue is in a totally different league to that other varnished thing you mentioned. You'll not go wrong with that.

Also, take your time buying stuff, you don't have to spend all your hard earned for everything in one go. Buy a nice cue and a cheap case for £5 or so, then when you can upgrade your case and so on.

Comment

thats spot on advice, thanks!

Good to hear you visited the isle of man, we are very low on tourism at the moment.. The useless governments fault though, they are terrible.

if you like your fishing, the tope season over here is awesome, last catch was a 24lb tope from the shore.

Comment

thats spot on advice, thanks!

Good to hear you visited the isle of man, we are very low on tourism at the moment.. The useless governments fault though, they are terrible.

if you like your fishing, the tope season over here is awesome, last catch was a 24lb tope from the shore.

Not sure about the Tope but the Manx kippers alone are worth the trip back over. I'll be back over in May for a couple of weeks. I'll give you a shout and see if we can meet up for a few frames and a pint or two of Bushy's!

Comment

Happy X-mas to all.

thanks!
                      do a little research on the forum then PM me.
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                      X