Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how long does it take to make a custom cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long does it take to make a custom cue?

If say i were to place an order for a custom cue today, how long would it take a professional cue maker to produce it?

Average time would be between 6 and 16 weeks (!) depending on how busy they are and if they have a backlog or not. Best idea is to contact the cuemakers you have in mind and ask them. Actual production time can be as little as 2 days (!) if they have a cue nearly finished which fits your specs, but you've got to be dead lucky.
    Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

wow didn't realise it took that long

Comment

I waited 8 months for a Parris Special cue!!
        Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

They will say when you buy it or you can ask them and they will give you a rough guide

Comment

I have waited for 7 weeks for my Trevor White hand made cue

Comment

dragon cues makes them in a week and they are one of the best in the world

Comment

I ordered a cue from Tony Wilshaw and he about 8 weeks to complete it.
                And as what I heard from my friends, except John Parris, you should be expecting a cue to be built for you from scratch in around 8 weeks.

I think it really depends on:
                the complexity of the order (types of wood involved? number of splices?);
                technique of the cue maker (many ways of doing things!);
                popularity of the cue maker (loads of order in hand?);
                scale of production (how many employees he got?);
                sense of perfection of the cue maker (time given for the wood to settle... how much he cares about the details)

Comment

In my experience with custom made cues I have had a few made by Dave Coutts which generally have taken between 12-16 weeks to complete, but well worth the wait quality was top notch. I recently got a custom made cue by Trevor White in a similar style of the parris traditional cue, Trevor quoted 10 weeks to complete but it was ready in 6. I have to say his cues are the best quality I have used so far in terms of workmanship and playability.

Comment

Working...
                  X