one piece cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one piece cues

hi everyone, im new to this site, i am also thinking of changing from my 3/4 parris to a one piece cue, but not sure what cuemaker produces the best one piece cues, and feedback would be grateful.
    cheerz
    theres only 1 watford gap in my eyes !!!

its hard to say as every cue is slightly different i use a old 1 piece maple riley club cue which was respliced and re taipered by trevor white . but any of the top makers can make you a nice 1 piece cue mike wooldridge makes nice 1 piece cues i have a 2005 model which is one of the nicest cues i have ever held i have put it away for my son to use when he's older he just turned 5. it depends on your budget to up to £200 i say northwest,craftsman. up to £300 white,stamford,coutts,cook and above £300 parris wooldridge, osboune or try giving adr147 a message he deals in good quality cues. and acording to the forum he a standup bloke.

Comment

Totally agree,it's depends on your budget.In my opinion,Mike Wooldridge Classic/Custom Cue,Trevor White,Dave Coutts,Hunt and Osborne.

Comment

According to my experience, I would recommend Tony Wilshaw to you.

Comment

ok thanks everyone i could go up to £300, but not a custom made cue, as in my opinion nobody knows exactly what they want, also who is better out of dave coutts and stamford as ive not really heard that much about dave coutts and never played with a stamford cue before
          cheers

Comment

both are good - what is wrong with the cue you have now.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by jimbo147 View Post
              ok thanks everyone i could go up to £300, but not a custom made cue, as in my opinion nobody knows exactly what they want, also who is better out of dave coutts and stamford as ive not really heard that much about dave coutts and never played with a stamford cue before
              cheers

As ADR147 states, both are good. I haven't played with a Stamford but have had a good few frames with Dave Coutts cues and they are excellent.

If you're playing well with a 3/4 Parris then why change to a one piece?
              Live for the day you're in, tomorrow is just something that may happen

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                both are good - what is wrong with the cue you have now.
                Very good question, you must have a reason for a change.

Comment

I have been in the same boat. I had a parris champion which I bought from MJ Allen in goffs Ireland. Had it for 2 years and couldn't help my urge to play with a 1 piece.. so bought myself a parris traditional. Very good cue, had it for 3 years and then stupidly sold it. Now I'm cueless.. (some say clueless).

Comment

I must add. The traditional played so much better than the champion. I just love the feedback and sound from 1 piece cues compared to split cues.

Judging by the pics, It's hard to see past the guy currently making cues in Wales, Trevor White.

Parris cues are quality but sometimes can be a bit of a lottery with the lower end spec.

Mike Wooldridge seems to have excellent feedback aswell but again, I have no first hand experience of his work, only by pics and as such, they look of a high standard.

Then you have the option of going Thail, with a unique or Omin.. again, I've no first hand experience. I would worry about shipping and language barriers.

So if you have the surplus cash, look into those makers as a start.
                    Last edited by poona; 3 January 2009, 07:18 PM.

Comment

ok then cheers everyone its just i thought a parris cue would bring my game on that extra step, but i have come to the conclusion they are a bit to solid, with not as much precision in tight situations, and from playing with a friends 1 piece cue it plays asthough it has more feel to the shot.

Comment

ok then cheers everyone its just i thought a parris cue would bring my game on that extra step, but i have come to the conclusion they are a bit to solid, with not as much precision in tight situations, and from playing with a friends 1 piece cue it plays asthough it has more feel to the shot.

This only applies to the cue you are referring to and not to all cues of the same type or model in the Parris range.

There is completely nothing stopping another 3/4 cue being exactly what you are looking for, but, it will need to have the attributes you seek, and so, would need to be the right spec to provide that.

One piece.......3/4........whatever, it makes so little difference, it's far more dependant on overall specs and materials used in making it.

Comment

im not saying that about arris cues ive loved playing with mine and i think they are all very well built cues, but they are made to solid for me and it doesnt suit my style of play, the reason i have only say that about 1 piece cues is i have experieced it myself aswell as other people telling me they give your more feel. And also personally down to personal preference aswell

Comment

im not saying that about arris cues ive loved playing with mine and i think they are all very well built cues, but they are made to solid for me and it doesnt suit my style of play, the reason i have only say that about 1 piece cues is i have experieced it myself aswell as other people telling me they give your more feel. And also personally down to personal preference aswell
                            this makes no sense - EVERY cue is different and will have different playing characteristics
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

ive played with 6 one piece cues, and compared to the cue i have at the moment they all have given me more precise control around the blackspot, it is down to my own personal preference at the end of the day and i started off this thread asking advice on the best one piece cue maker, not why i want to change my cue now, i cant be the only person who thinks this as why do many top pros play with one piece cues anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X