X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ej riley signature cue

hi,
    what would be the value of a Ej riley signature cue ,
    hand spliced snake wood with an ash shaft in perfect condition?
    thanks

pics? plus some extra stuff to make this post long enough

Comment

i will put some pics on tomorrow,
      it was just for the insurance company.
      thanks

Comment

If it was a B&W it would probably worth quite a bit but Riley never did have a great name for cues even many years back. Its only really worth as much as you value it at. I wouldn't say cues really do have a set value anymore, they fluctuate quite a bit and Riley snakewoods aren't that rare really. I saw one on ebay about 2 years ago with a slight bit of damage on the edge of the butt go for £150 so I'd say put an estimate of £250-£300 to be on the safe side.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
          I saw one on ebay about 2 years ago with a slight bit of damage on the edge of the butt go for £150 so I'd say put an estimate of £250-£300 to be on the safe side.
          One was on ebay about 2 months ago. I think it was one of garysnookers. Anyway this is the ebay link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=260304988010

Market is bad at the minute anyway
          sigpic <---New Website
          Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

hi totlxtc hows that cue comeing have you had a game with it yet

Comment

Originally Posted by garysnooker View Post
              hi totlxtc hows that cue comeing have you had a game with it yet
              All finished but the ferrule. Been busy over xmas and new year. Can't wait to get back to normality. Next cue is already in the pipeline. All i will say is macassar with front splice in spalted maple.
              sigpic <---New Website
              Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

good luck with that one you did well mate keep it up and keep on make ing them you can only get better

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                  If it was a B&W it would probably worth quite a bit but Riley never did have a great name for cues even many years back. Its only really worth as much as you value it at. I wouldn't say cues really do have a set value anymore, they fluctuate quite a bit and Riley snakewoods aren't that rare really. I saw one on ebay about 2 years ago with a slight bit of damage on the edge of the butt go for £150 so I'd say put an estimate of £250-£300 to be on the safe side.
                  too much - they fetch between 80 and 150 for a total minter.
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                    too much - they fetch between 80 and 150 for a total minter.
                    Seems harsh really considering a full snakewood butt from any modern day cue maker and you are looking at probably £400 minimum. As I say though I don't really keep up with the cue values anymore but I am shocked at that valuation.

Comment

i know its crazy but the market finds its own value.
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                      X