No announcement yet.

Hunt and Osbourne or Mike Wooldridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't read any insult in his e-mail - he is in havant hampshire.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

This thread is getting personal. I have owned a Wooldridge cue and can say it is up there in the top two cues i had, I sold it as we don't have a snooker table anymore were i live. Given the above comment about Mike i have to disagree with 1Lawyer, Mike was on hand to help me get the right spec for my cue, he rang me and told me what he thought was best and was more than helpful.
      This attack that is comming from 1Lawyer seem to be about the cost of Mikes cues not his workmanship, I deal with the courts quite a bit and i can say law cost are day light robbery. This attack reminds me of comments made by a certain cuemaker about Mike not so long ago.

Comment

KA?

Comment

Anyway. Back on subject as this discussion will go nowhere.

As far as I know Mike and Robert both have a mutual respect for each others work. So really its your choice which one you would like to go for.

I went for Mike and I have recieved nothing but top notch service from him. I myself am one of the fussiest people anyone will know and even slight details missed i pick up on. I had very very very! specific requirements and to be honest i may be a thorn in his side at the moment lol. But like my own work I have high standards and its good to know that im getting something from someone who also has the same beliefs. Piece of mind alone is worth the extra money. I think i have contacted him everday for the past 4 months and never has he had a problem, but i bet he will have a sigh of relief when its all done and dusted.
          sigpic <---New Website
          Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

It is good to get back to the topic.
            I had the same "problem" to months ago if i go for a Mike Wooldridge or an Hunt and Osborne black plate.
            I have seen some examples from both cuemakers and both are the best money can buy. A lot of money, of course, but the market makes the price.

But that you have to ask this questions means that you have already recognised that they are the same top level.

I decided to order a Hunt & Osborne.

Why? Just because a decision had to be made.
            And because I personally disliked the need to register on the website to see the price.
            And -sorry Mike- i personally think that one of the best cuemakers of the world has no need to state it that often that he is the best cuemaker of the world. Even if he might be.

But on the long run i am sure i will have a cue from both. As soon as i have recovered in terms of money...
            I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

Sorry I'm late in on this discussion, I'd quite like to try a MW cue, is it best to buy from ADR147 or Mike himself, and whats the price range? :snooker:

Comment

PM Mike and see what he has or if you want a custom one you can ask. His shop is currently down for maintainence so cant go that way. As for ADR, again ask and see what he has

Few stores in the UK also stock Mikes cues but i cant remember which ones at the moment.
                sigpic <---New Website
                Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

Originally Posted by totlxtc View Post
                  PM Mike and see what he has or if you want a custom one you can ask. His shop is currently down for maintainence so cant go that way. As for ADR, again ask and see what he has

Few stores in the UK also stock Mikes cues but i cant remember which ones at the moment.

Thank you totlxtc, I am not bothered about a custom one, I dont like to wait, I'll send him a mail, after I have received my credit card bill from Christmas

Comment

I dont understand why most cue makers say they are the best cue maker in the world, ive been reading this thread for the last couple of days and ive found it very interesting i love a good argument lol but i honestly cant see that 1lawyer said anything wrong in his first post,he only said he prefered other cues to mikes which is fair enough everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and as for the private message mike posted for all to see i cant see that mike said anything wrong either he only asked 1lawyer what cues they were and where and when he bought them and automaticly 1lawyer was on the defensive,maybe its just me but it all seems a bit silly.
                    Last edited by paulbur; 8 January 2009, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by paulbur View Post
                      I dont understand why most cue makers say they are the best cue maker in the world, ive been reading this thread for the last couple of days and ive found it very intersting i love a good argument lol but i honestly cant see that 1lawyer said anything wrong in his first post,he only said he prefered other cues to mikes which is fair enough everyone is entitled to thier own opinion, and as for the private message mike posted for all to see i cant see that mike said anything wrong either he only asked 1lawyer what cues they were and where and when he bought them and automaticly 1lawyer was on the defensive,maybe its just me but it all seems a bit silly.
                      glad you see it for what it was. i have no idea why 1lawyer got sh*tty with me.

as a point of interest, i'm actually flattered to be mentioned alongside will hunt.

i was one of the people in the early 80's who wanted a hunt & o'byrne cos they took cuemaking to a new level.

but when i saw prices ranging up to £800, i thought bugger that i'll make my own...

will hunt has, in my eyes, always made quality cues. and continues doing that with robert osborne today. they make bloody good cues.

like all things there are variations, but anyone who has one of the best hunt & o'byrne, robert osborne, or hunt & osborne has a very well made cue indeed.
                      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

I owned a hunt & obyrne cue in the late 80's i had it about 5 years and it was a fantastic cue, i sold it when i stopped playing for a while because i needed the cash but i wish i never did, anyway ive never tried a hunt & osborne but if they are as good as hunt & obyrne were you cant go far wrong!
                        Last edited by paulbur; 8 January 2009, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Mike ! when you seen what London cue makers were making, ( £800,) you said this is the live for me ...... lol

Comment

yeah but just my luck, 25 years later, people are complaining about paying £300-£400!

born too late...
                            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by 1lawyer
                              Just to let you know Mike, since you seem to want to wind me up. I had two conversations with cue makers on here yesterday....One was from a very proffessional guy who makes much better cues than you at a more reasonable price...and the other was that insulting one you sent me...

Just because I prefered a different cue, you accuse me of having a ****ty attitude and think its ok to speak to people like that....you dont impress me at all...you also accuse me of hiding behind an alias...so where are YOU Mike Wooldridge? Where is your shop, workshop etc? I have just been on your website and it's like flling in a form for MI5 and their is no mention of your premises.... are you hiding from the tax man behind your piles of cash you have from charging people over 600 quid for your cues?
                              Well, I read your post and I can see why Mike would be offended. It is not because you said you did not like his cue, but you were rude in labelling him as the 4th or 5th best cue maker, and then you said there are better cue makers--without supporting your statement with any reasonings or facts (e.g. comparing finish, splicing technique, balance, tapering...), which is quite rude and uncalled for, not to mention unintelligent..

Mike only asked when and where you purchased your cues, is that so difficult to answer?

Now you are just being childish, accusing Mike of trying to hide from his customers.

Mike's cues might be too expensive for you, but that is not to say his is overpriced.

May be he marked his price that way so he does not have to deal with someone like you?
                              Last edited by poolqjunkie; 8 January 2009, 05:10 AM.
                              www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

the price of a Porsche is much higher than a Nissan GT-R,but you won't complain the Porsche is overpriced,why?

I've bought a Custom Cue from Mike around £600(including mini butt and shipping fee),I don't think it's expensive or overpriced coz I'm looking for THE BEST ONE,just like someone who spend £100,000+ to buy a Ferrari,Lambroghini,Bentley....etc
                                Last edited by garyng147; 8 January 2009, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X