Hunt and Osbourne or Mike Wooldridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by JP1 View Post

Maybe if you spoke to a senior person at Peradons, Thurstons, Riley or even John Parris they would be able to clarify for you what the misrepresentation act requires, these are all bona fide companies not fly by night traders on ebay, they seek legal advise before they engage in certain business activities. The fact that no one has sued a seller of billiard snooker cues on ebay or the net, does not mean it's lawful to misrepresent products.
    The current amendment to the act does not even require civil law suits, the department itself will take up consumer complaints and investigate if a breach has occurred, likewise ebay has from 2008 agreed to forward every transaction and financial detail of their members to the relevant authorities regards tax evasion, so that may be very interesting for some ebay traders in a few years time.
    i deal with peradon - thurstons are the same company - i am one of their more important customers! as for tax, personally all my transactions are above board so i welcome closer inspection of the tax system for ebay - it would stop people selling at a price i can't compete with.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

You are not the brighest ball on the pool table are you? you contribute nothing but insults to a debate that does not concern you
      BTW you spell brighTest with a T

And how can a debate on a open forum have nothing to do with any member here? if you want a private debate you should try the PM system.

I am still waiting for my email by the way!

Comment

• I've had a couple of Wooldridge cues, very nice. Only aspect which doesn't suit me in the ready-made ranges is the slim(ish) butt. If I'm not mistaken they're made as standard with a 29-29.5 mm butt diameter. Mine was 29.1 with my calpiers.
        Don't rate Parris personally, I had 2 £400 plus ones direct from them last year, one was a replacement and neither had the quality or feel of a top cue by any means. Cut my losses and sold it on ebay. I've also bought and sold a few old ones on ebay , and there's no doubt that you're better off going for an old Parris (unless you're name is Ronnie).
        But it stands to reason, as cuemakers become more well known and their brand value increases, so do the orders, too much work so they have to expand or outsource. You may well be able to visit Parris in Forest hill and have a look in the workshop. But unless you live in the London area who's going to bother? And even then, how are you going to know for sure that what you've bought is 100% UK made?... Ye you can come to my garage and see my wood and lathe, you'll get this piece of wood in 6 months, but probably won't recognize it by then, see ya

Comment

• JP1 - If you're so interested in righting legal wrongs, why not concentrate on something important like the Chagossians.

Comment

• Originally Posted by pearce View Post
            JP1 - If you're so interested in righting legal wrongs, why not concentrate on something important like the Chagossians.
            Wow this causes some concern in the antipodes, really, can I ignore you some other time I am rather busy at the moment?:

Comment

• Bloody Hell!
              I don't visit the forum for a few weeks and all hell breaks loose.

Comment

I know the market, I know who has what made and where, and the cue makers you list are NOT amongst them.
                proof it!just like you peremptorily claim to everyone!

Comment

you say that you saw cues 80% completed ready to be shipped to them in England
                  I haven't said that,please stop defame me.

Originally Posted by JP1 View Post
                  The reason for the apology is that you make baseless allegations about a number of UK cue makers.
                  I know the market, I know who has what made and where, and the cue makers you list are NOT amongst them.
                  Am I?I've just said this man made some UK brand cue,am I saying those UK cuemakers buy a Thai cue from him??? Ridiculous.
                  Furthermore,is there any f**king business of yours?Are you one of these cuemakers?Do you have a name JP1?John Parris?Keith Auld?or Jesus?
                  You brag you know everything,so we don't ask,just believe you right?ALMIGHTY LORD.
                  Last edited by garyng147; 12 January 2009, 10:15 PM.

Comment

if you cannot name the factory or provide proof of what you allege, I am affraid you are just a spineless liar.
                    So, JP1, you are saying you are a spineless liar then, is that right?

Originally Posted by JP1 View Post
                    you contribute nothing but insults to a debate that does not concern you, and you ... deliberately try to project an ignorant point of view to blurr the real issue,the sooner they ban you from the forum the better.
                    That is exactly right!!!! I could not have put it any better myself!

I totally agree that the sooner they ban you the better it would be for all of us.
                    Last edited by poolqjunkie; 12 January 2009, 07:05 PM.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                      lol. get your skates on. i can see a pipe and slippers on the horizon...
                      ****, don't do that yet. I got a shot of one of your top end cues the other night and it was the best cue I've ever played with.

I would like to get one this year but understand you don't like personal visits. The problem I have is that I don't know how to spec the cue I played with. The weight and balance were perfect for me.

I got a cue late last year which I tried to spec but it's just not what I wanted so I obviously don't know enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X